Largest rub I've ever seen!!

MDBriggs

The picture does not do justice to this thing. It was covered in gash marks from the tines in brows. I was wondering does the size of this necessarily mean a monster buck made it?

BSK

MDBriggs said:
I was wondering does the size of this necessarily mean a monster buck made it?

The size of a rubbed tree is only indicative of the bucks age, not his antler size. But with a rub that size, you probably have a mature buck around.

BSK

Tony(D) said:
A rub like that could also be from several deer and some may be as small as 4 points. I've seen small racked deer work the heck out of trees like that. I realized then that as long as the buck can get his rack around the tree then he will wear it out.

Just remember that only older bucks start a signpost rub like that. However, once initiated, every buck in the area--even young bucks--will investigate and rework it.

Savage

Man! Ive found 3 like that. The first one i made a fuss over, took pics, etc. Never saw anything. the other 2, I froze in my tracts, identified the tree I wanted to be in, and left immediately. I hunted both 3 days later, and killed my 2 biggest deer to date.

Latest posts