Kennett,MO- Any Updates

DeerWhisperer

Anyone hunting in the Kennett, MO area? We have a couple of fields in Kennett and we have yet to hunt this year due to "0" birds. Actually, one person did hunt last Thursday after the split and they fired zero shots and only seen very few high flying birds.

Just curious if anything changed after this front came through.

Big Chief200

Anyone hunting in the Kennett, MO area? We have a couple of fields in Kennett and we have yet to hunt this year due to "0" birds. Actually, one person did hunt last Thursday after the split and they fired zero shots and only seen very few high flying birds.

Just curious if anything changed after this front came through.
Just got back from hunting around Rives south of Kennett we killed 20 ducks total out of our three fields in four days. It is very slow i won't go back until after Christmas or a significant weather change.

WilcoKen

Ive got a buddy that leases a pit about 7 miles east of Kennett. Not a good start to season at all. They've killed 3 ducks since Thanksgiving.

WilcoKen

Thanks guys, that is what I was afraid of. Looks like I need to try to finish out December in the deer woods vs. the blind. Every year I say it cnanot get worse but yet it appears to get worse every year.
Wise decision. I agree with your comments. I killed a very nice buck this past Saturday. Had I been in Kennett like I was the last 2 years that would not have happened. And I have saved a lot of money and especially time by not doing the Kennett lease this year.

DeerWhisperer

Wise decision. I agree with your comments. I killed a very nice buck this past Saturday. Had I been in Kennett like I was the last 2 years that would not have happened. And I have saved a lot of money and especially time by not doing the Kennett lease this year.
Unfortunately, I am on the lease, so not money well spent.

prstide

I hunted up by Otter Slough(north of Kennett) on private and killed a couple last week. Tons of snow geese on the refuge/WMA. Hunted just east of Kennett the following day and killed 9—5 of those were geese. Abysmal.

tnbucs1

Drove thru Kennett Sunday. Saw a ton of geese in Kennett. We hunt about 45 minutes west in Arkansas and this has been a painfully slow start for us. I will say I saw more high flyers this trip than the past so I feel like it's improving.

WilcoKen

Save your money and forget about the boot hill. Hunted there on leases last few years. Waste of time and money unless your just wanting to get away from the house for a while. Several others on here been through the same punishment…..
It was always good to stop at the Dyersburg Love's and get a slice of Godfather's on the 3-1/2 hour drive home. That was about the best thing that came out of every trip I made over there. The second best thing is that I learned to never lease a pit in the Bootheel again.

Latest posts