Just so I'm clear

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Gonna keep a few bass this weekend for a buddy.
This is the regulation for where I'm fishing.

Largemouth Bass: 10 fish per day, 18-inch maximum size limit. Only two (2) fish longer than 18 inches may be harvested.

So I can keep 10 bass as long as they are all under 18"
Or 8 plus 2 that are over 18"

Correct?

Just to save some people some time:
I will not be keeping any bass over 18".
I don't normally keep them period but my buddy wants to eat some.
This body of water desperately needs some (a crap ton) of small bass taken out.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
That is the way I read it. Bass are fine eating, especially the smaller ones. Double check to make sure there isn't a slot where nothing between 14 and 18 can be kept, I know a couple of the small lakes I fish on have that rule as well.

Sako

10 total... I bet it has been 20 years since I ate a largemouth but they do eat well. I hear small mouth are even better but I have never eaten one. I generally only keep a few bream a year to eat and the occasional white bass. I do love catfish more than anything else but honestly I buy them since I fish Melton Hill (Oak Ridge TN) and I am just a little leery about eating catfish from here

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
10 total... I bet it has been 20 years since I ate a largemouth but they do eat well. I hear small mouth are even better but I have never eaten one. I generally only keep a few bream a year to eat and the occasional white bass. I do love catfish more than anything else but honestly I buy them since I fish Melton Hill (Oak Ridge TN) and I am just a little leery about eating catfish from here
I just went back and looked at my spreadsheet from last year.
I kept 845 fish last year.
I didn't break my "keepers" down by species but I would probably say very near 800 of them were bream.
My freezer is completely empty of bream right now.

Sako

I just went back and looked at my spreadsheet from last year.
I kept 845 fish last year.
I didn't break my "keepers" down by species but I would probably say very near 800 of them were bream.
My freezer is completely empty of bream right now.
I understand that.... it honestly next to catfish it is my favorite fish to eat.

rsimms

Remember, whatever you read on the Internet, no matter who wrote it, is ALWAYS true! There is absolutely no need to ask TWRA or a GW, especially considering your level of trust for either. ;) I'm sure your "friend" will appreciate the "Release in the Grease" philosophy. đź‘Ť

gary66

Largemouth Bass: 10 fish per day, 18-inch maximum size limit. Only two (2) fish longer than 18 inches may be harvested.

Correct?

regs are written by people who need to justify their existence. Why doesn't it say limit 10, no more than 2 can be over 18", simple and to the point. Ohio regs used to be a mess, 90% of it listed all the ways you could hunt and take game, lot of you can do this here, you can do that then, then there was "No matter what you can only take 1." Blink and you missed it. AND, the reg book you got when you bought the license said this does not cover all the regs, consult the full regs at...

I'd find out from the person who would be doing the checking...ask someone else in the same capacity and you might get a different answer which won't be any help.

Terrier

Correct?
I think you have it exactly right.

I've fished a lot of places that encouraged the taking of small bass, and anywhere they do, I felt it was my duty to help them manage the lake, so took some. Bass and bluegill are my favorites to eat.

redblood

The only time i ever keep a small mouth or large mouth is if they swallow the lure and will die anyway. Usually they are cleaned with rock bass and black perch and i cant tell any difference at all. They are all great!!!

wildside

Correct?

correct

Latest posts