Just Not Into It

Gobble4me757

IMG_2005.jpeg
Spur, don't worry brotha they are just fine next door over here! May finally get after em Wednesday afternoon! Man that one on the right sho nuff has grown from last year! 😂 😂

mike243

I laugh every time I see somebody say deer will pass corn to eat a acorn or that big bucks won't come to corn, Killed several deer in Crossville that were full of corn during muzzle loader and gun season, it wasn't us but somebody guiding close to us is what we were told, corn fed deer are pretty tasty lol

Ski

I laugh every time I see somebody say deer will pass corn to eat a acorn or that big bucks won't come to corn, Killed several deer in Crossville that were full of corn during muzzle loader and gun season, it wasn't us but somebody guiding close to us is what we were told, corn fed deer are pretty tasty lol

You don't have to drive around here too much before seeing feeders set up just inside the woods with elevated shooting house looking over it. Soon as leaves fall they really stand out. Must not be something wardens care much about???

On my Ohio place I expect to kill deer full of corn. It's legal and everybody who's unwilling to actually hunt baits. And every year there are big deer taken off corn. But there is a week or two in October when deer aren't interested in corn because fresh white oaks are falling. Not coincidence it's during the "October lull" when nobody's seeing deer on camera. What's really happening is the deer are ignoring their corn for a week or so.

rem270

Not coincidence it's during the "October lull" when nobody's seeing deer on camera.
I don't watch many hunting shows but the Drury guys are the first ones I seen talking about the "October lull". I have a lot of respect for those guys but it seems like once they said it everyone started believing and talking about it. I don't believe in it really. They don't just crawl in a hole and hide. They're there. People just have to find them.

knightrider

I don't watch many hunting shows but the Drury guys are the first ones I seen talking about the "October lull". I have a lot of respect for those guys but it seems like once they said it everyone started believing and talking about it. I don't believe in it really. They don't just crawl in a hole and hide. They're there. People just have to find them.
Amen , no such thing as the "lull" they have just changed things up and we haven't caught up to them yet

themanpcl

The guy beside me and behind me both bait. Property behind me, the guy bought it a couple years ago, I have not met him, although I have pics of him on one of my cameras. What is so crazy is that the property behind me, the man has ag crops in on the other end of his property, beans this year. He rides his side by side at least a mile and a half from the ag crops to get in right on top of me where I have had stands for 30 years. The man has multiple properties and hundreds of acres. I only have this 60 acre farm and most of it is front of the house in pasture with cows on it. Sucks that they come in on top of me, but is what it is, maybe they will push deer to me.
lazy. obviously not a "hunter". I have one of those as well. just baits and shoots when opportunity arises from front porch, yard, sxs....

Ski

That's the way I see it as well. By far and large most of my bucks were taken in October. I actually see better activity during October than I do November.

DeerCamp

I'm only running one camera right now and buck sightings are very sparse. But I know they're there and the bucks we'll see later this week will likely NOT be the ones we have on camera. The range shift between October and November is that noticeable.
By range shift, do you mean when the bucks I have on camera right now come and dance in front of your blinds? 🤪

BSK

Although I only have 3 bucks on my target list (and my chances of seeing one of them are slim), I'll still be out there. Last year, we didn't have a buck that excited me, but I was out there all November (and some December).

Plus this is the period of rut-shifting, so I never know who will show up late October to mid-November. A new buck can show up at any time.

Gobble4me757

There's a good chance I won't be hunting any this year. My license expires in a couple weeks and just don't have the spare funds to get another year of the sportsman. I went out one time for a couple hrs on bow opening. With tons of hrs at work, house projects have fallen so far behind its pitiful. So don't have much time to even try to hunt. It seems work and life has just taken its toll on me big time this year. I still get excited thinking about going out to hunt but then I talk myself out of it or decide I have something else more important to do than 'waste time' sitting in the woods knowing I most likely won't even see the first deer.

Last year I hunted several times and never saw the first deer, and only saw 1 track all year. I'm not a big 'hunter' I just want to see a few deer and put a couple in the freezer.

I've got 2 TVA places within a few mins of me but I guess they get worn out from people. Can't afford the time or gas to drive a couple hrs to try any place else to most likely not even see a deer there either.

I'm starting to think its me that sucks and hunting and fishing lol. I fished a bunch of times this spring and watched people catching fish within 100yds of me and I never once even got a bite all spring.

Ok enough of the woe is me 🥺
Lol you know Some Indians had to pick and carry the berries 😂

deerhunter10

We don't have the deer we normally have, have some good one and actually just got a picture of a new buck a couple hours ago. Never know although I hope it never happens to me I will quit when I don't have that fire.

PalsPal

I've ran cameras for years.

Experience has taught me to not get too excited or too down based on what pics I get.

For years I've gotten pics of great bucks in August and into early Sept. Then they vanish, like this year. Have no pics of the two better bucks since August.

I do still run them as the season goes just to see what is still alive and in the area.

I don't have the passion like I once did, but my dad does at 82.

I checked the cams yesterday so I could give dad an excuse as to why I wouldn't hunt Saturday morning, as I'd only have a couple of hours anyway because of other commitment.

Lo and behold one of the big boys visited a scrape at 5:30 pm Tuesday afternoon. So, I guess I'm going to hunt those 2 hours Saturday morning and be back that afternoon.

I hate trail cameras.

Latest posts