Jones spending the bye week.....

THEdonkey0515

Recruiting In Nashville visiting DE Kyle Phillips who is a Tennessee target and all- purpose back Vincent Perry who already committed to the vols. Phillips has 30 scholarship offers and 11 from the sec he has his choices narrowed to Ole miss, UT,LSU,bama,and tennessee st. 4 star guy Espn says one more grab like this from jones would put are recruiting class over the top think he will fit in nicely with are what 3 other 4&5 star D-linemen?:) committed at the moment, and all the FRESHMAN playing well this year, long shot but would be nice

easy45

I don't think its that much of a long shot because I think it's really between UT and LSU and his best friend Perry is committed to us, now all that said I do think he ends up at LSU but it wouldn't be a shock of he stayed home

THEdonkey0515

^^^ guess your right jones getting another highly recruited 4 star guy to commit to the vols would not be a shock that's what he does:)

THEdonkey0515

I know fans of other teams dont like the Recruiting topic:) not gonna call anyone out just saying. But it all starts with good RECRUITING! Something ole double D didnt do and kiffin was more focused on going to recruiting visits to CAlifornia think he singed 7-8 guys from Tennessee thats it.dont care how good or bad your coach is, his not gonna win to many big time games with out good players and talent on the field.

Gravey

Tennessee as a state hasn't put out a ton of kids like places such as Texas and florida. However in recent years there seems to be more top prospects and UT has to lock down the borders and keep those kids here. So far they're doing a dang good job at it. Now coach them up and let's win some titles. :)

THEdonkey0515

I just think it was the 4 years of screwed up coaching that made it LOOK like Tennessee as a state was not putting out good football talent cause them players went somewere else cause they seen are coach and program was a joke at the moment or are coaching staff didn't even realize they was there and didnt even try to recruit them. Has anyone seen the story about ole miss QB BO? How he wanted to play for UT.and grew up a UT fan? and kiffen would not even look at him twice? Think BO was from Tennessee

TeamMainStreet

On SEC film room, they were going over the play in the 4th where Hurd caught the pass and spun out of the tackle for the TD. Butch Jones said that TD was scored because of recruiting. Kids like Jalen Hurd that are from TN with that kind of talent should be #1 priority because they will give max effort for their team and their state.IMO anyway.

farmin68

One thing that turned me against Fulmer was he wouldn't even talk to Patrick Willis. I've watched a lot of high school football over the years and he was the most dominant high school player I ever saw.

Willis wanted to play for UT. How does a coach pass on that kind of in-state talent?

farmin68

Gravey said:
Tennessee as a state hasn't put out a ton of kids like places such as Texas and florida. However in recent years there seems to be more top prospects

Tennessee has never been known as a state that turns out a lot of D-1 prospects.

Johnny Majors doesn't get the credit he is deserving of...His ability to bring in top talent from out of state is a huge piece of the puzzle that turned UT into the powerhouse it was from 1989 until the end of the Fulmer era.

Wrangler95

Tennessee recruiting west Tennessee is hard because they have a lot of competition from Ole Miss.Memphis area is a lot closer to Ole Miss than Knoxville which makes it harder

BamaProud

THEdonkey0515 said:
I know fans of other teams dont like the Recruiting topic:) not gonna call anyone out just saying. But it all starts with good RECRUITING! Something ole double D didnt do and kiffin was more focused on going to recruiting visits to CAlifornia think he singed 7-8 guys from Tennessee thats it.dont care how good or bad your coach is, his not gonna win to many big time games with out good players and talent on the field.

Alabama fans took a LOT of crap from rival fans (including TN) when Saban started dominating the recruiting polls.

It DOES start with recruiting.

Latest posts