Championship week

Bamamonts

The regular season is over and it's almost time to crown a conference champion. This has been a fun season. After the Texas loss and the way Bama was playing it didn't look like they were going to make it to Atlanta. They have made a lot of progress and are playing a lot better football.
Georgia is back to back National Champions and have a 29 game win streak and very well could be the best team in football.
I'm excited for Bama to have a shot at beating Georgia and being SEC Champions regardless of playoff spots.
I hope it's a good clean game with no injuries and hopefully it'll be a great SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
ROLL TIDE!

PillsburyDoughboy

UGA is looking to do something that's never been done before, and very well may never be done again.

Back to back to back 15-0 seasons! They haven't lost a game since November 7, 2020 crazy.
Ive never seen a season where there are so many teams so heavy at the top. FSU if they had not lost their QB would still be worthy of a Spot at the top and may very well still secure a spot even though IMHO feel like they will be a repeat of TCU without him. They are not the same team without him. I can name 7 teams that can beat them much less top 4. So they should NOT be in the top 4. But it is what it is at this point.

So to get back to your point. There are several teams that are going to be Knocking on Georgias door this season.

PillsburyDoughboy

If both can't lose can there at least be a tie? Figured at least one of the teams would like that as they as they already kissing their sisters/spouses.🤣🤣
Spoken like a NoN top 25 team waiting to play the Music City Bowl. . You may leave now LOL

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Boy it must be nice to live on top…….I can only dream of the day my team might make me the ass of a fan that you are.
This is what I don't understand about so many Alabama fans. They have a crap ton of national championships, conference championships and NFL draft picks yet the snotty arrogance and demeaning way they speak to and about other teams/fans is a real turnoff to a great program. I have a good friend that's an Alabama fan like that, and I just don't get it. Alabama football is great, has been great, and will be great (most likely) just be glad and happy for your team…you could have graduated from Purdue like myself! :p

trtr0611

This is what I don't understand about so many Alabama fans. They have a crap ton of national championships, conference championships and NFL draft picks yet the snotty arrogance and demeaning way they speak to and about other teams/fans is a real turnoff to a great program. I have a good friend that's an Alabama fan like that, and I just don't get it. Alabama football is great, has been great, and will be great (most likely) just be glad and happy for your team…you could have graduated from Purdue like myself! :p
I've dealt with the Bear Bryant bandwagon fans for years. Many of them are friends/family. My area of middle TN is ripe with them. As I've said here before….it's generational. And honestly I don't even try to talk football with most of them. Even in the Fulmer yrs when UT dominated bama I never once gave any of my bama friends a hard time. Unfortunately that doesn't go both ways. They're just a different breed. I think they thrive on living in TN amongst UT fans just for the sake of being able to show their arrogance and spew their BS toward UT fans. A lot of them live for it. Thats not what being a fan is to me.

Bamamonts

As a Alabama fan I am very thankful for the run we've had with Nick Saban. I remember the 90's when Bama sucked. That's what makes this current run so special.
I also enjoy some of the trash talk. It makes the games more fun. I definitely enjoy not losing more than I enjoy winning. I don't talk a lot of trash but I do on occasion. I also have fans talk trash to me when Bama lose and I always laugh it off. That's one of the things that makes fandom enjoyable to me. I went to the Bama/Ole Miss game this year and really enjoyed sitting next to some Ole Miss fans and going back and forth with them. We both kept everything classy and when it was over I told them good game and we shook hands.
Now some Bama fans at that game didn't act classy and that's shame on them. I can definitely see where fans could have bad experiences at Bama games and that's a shame.
Fans in general seem to be more arrogant now days compared to what they use to be. I been around arrogant fans of several schools at and away from games. I'm sure everyone has their own experiences and opinion on the worst fan base. I know I do and it's not Tennessee.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
As a Alabama fan I am very thankful for the run we've had with Nick Saban. I remember the 90's when Bama sucked. That's what makes this current run so special.
I also enjoy some of the trash talk. It makes the games more fun. I definitely enjoy not losing more than I enjoy winning. I don't talk a lot of trash but I do on occasion. I also have fans talk trash to me when Bama lose and I always laugh it off. That's one of the things that makes fandom enjoyable to me. I went to the Bama/Ole Miss game this year and really enjoyed sitting next to some Ole Miss fans and going back and forth with them. We both kept everything classy and when it was over I told them good game and we shook hands.
Now some Bama fans at that game didn't act classy and that's shame on them. I can definitely see where fans could have bad experiences at Bama games and that's a shame.
Fans in general seem to be more arrogant now days compared to what they use to be. I been around arrogant fans of several schools at and away from games. I'm sure everyone has their own experiences and opinion on the worst fan base. I know I do and it's not Tennessee.
I totally agree that trash talk and fandom can be good things and a lot of fun. There is an unclear line that some people have no idea that they have crossed into mean spiritedness and mockery. This is by no means exclusive to Alabama fans, but in my experience it is far worse in their fan base than any other. Nor are all Alabama fans like that by any stretch, just look at Bamamounts and Bamaproud and Crowterminator annd REN as examples.

Bamamonts

I totally agree that trash talk and fandom can be good things and a lot of fun. There is an unclear line that some people have no idea that they have crossed into mean spiritedness and mockery. This is by no means exclusive to Alabama fans, but in my experience it is far worse in their fan base than any other. Nor are all Alabama fans like that by any stretch, just look at Bamamounts and Bamaproud and Crowterminator annd REN as examples.
When Tennessee was dominating Bama every year they were pretty arrogant. When they beat Bama in Neyland last year some of the fans were pretty obnoxious but I was understood it because they just beat Bama for the first time since in forever. I would have been super excited if it was the other way. There are several Tennessee fans on here I enjoy posting with.
The worst I've seen fans act were LSU fans at the Ole Miss/LSU game this year.

cbhunter

Well said and agree

Crow Terminator

I'm relatively new to the football scene. Didn't care for it growing up. Nobody in the family played. I had zero interest in playing it or watching it. We used to go to UT-Knoxville on campus every year up to the 6th grade and have been on the Vols indoor practice field, weight room, and on the field and in all the suites/press boxes at Neyland stadium. None of that was of interest to me back then. Heck I've met Phil Fulmer and Pat Summitt in person and got to listen to pep speeches by both that they gave us kids on field trips. I have Summits autograph somewhere or did at one time.

The ones I don't understand are the fans that are "diehard" fans of whatever team and "hate" such and such other teams...with no personal ties to the school or team itself. I can *maybe* understand if a person went to the school or actually played for them with having a reason to not like/hate a rival school. But 100% of the people I have encountered that were like that...didn't go to the school that they are so diehard for. Even more amazing...they've never been on the campus itself and in a lot of cases...never actually been to that teams stadium for a game!! One of the Bama fans at work is like that. He has Bama script A tattooed on his arm. His truck is all Bama decor and its all he talks about online and in person. I was absolutely floored when he told me he'd never been to an actual game in person. He talked about it like it would be the holy grail of bucket list items to go see one. I was like "man, I've been to several and saw them play...it's not like you have to do like deer hunts and be drawn for a chance to go to the games". I know "blood runs TN orange" folks the same way...we live 45 mins from Neyland stadium and UT campus and they've never been one single time. Bryant-Denny stadium is 4 hrs from me and I have been there several times. My first podium finish in a national archery shoot was right on campus of Alabama.

BamaProud

I'm relatively new to the football scene. Didn't care for it growing up. Nobody in the family played. I had zero interest in playing it or watching it. We used to go to UT-Knoxville on campus every year up to the 6th grade and have been on the Vols indoor practice field, weight room, and on the field and in all the suites/press boxes at Neyland stadium. None of that was of interest to me back then. Heck I've met Phil Fulmer and Pat Summitt in person and got to listen to pep speeches by both that they gave us kids on field trips. I have Summits autograph somewhere or did at one time.

The ones I don't understand are the fans that are "diehard" fans of whatever team and "hate" such and such other teams...with no personal ties to the school or team itself. I can *maybe* understand if a person went to the school or actually played for them with having a reason to not like/hate a rival school. But 100% of the people I have encountered that were like that...didn't go to the school that they are so diehard for. Even more amazing...they've never been on the campus itself and in a lot of cases...never actually been to that teams stadium for a game!! One of the Bama fans at work is like that. He has Bama script A tattooed on his arm. His truck is all Bama decor and its all he talks about online and in person. I was absolutely floored when he told me he'd never been to an actual game in person. He talked about it like it would be the holy grail of bucket list items to go see one. I was like "man, I've been to several and saw them play...it's not like you have to do like deer hunts and be drawn for a chance to go to the games". I know "blood runs TN orange" folks the same way...we live 45 mins from Neyland stadium and UT campus and they've never been one single time. Bryant-Denny stadium is 4 hrs from me and I have been there several times. My first podium finish in a national archery shoot was right on campus of Alabama.

I've only been to a couple. Some people can't afford to go to a game. And IMO Its just as fun to watch from home on a big TV with your food, friends, affordable drinks and no traffic.

BamaProud

I'm relatively new to the football scene. Didn't care for it growing up. Nobody in the family played. I had zero interest in playing it or watching it.

Same here. I didn't care much for football until I moved to OK in 1999. Bama was terrible back then. The OU fans just assumed I was a Bama fan since I was from Alabama. They were relentless, but I watched a lot of games with them since I didn't know anyone else.

OU fans are the worst.

Latest posts