Insurance on firearms

pass-thru

Do you all insure your firearms beyond homeowners coverage? By homeowners has a 1k deductible, and very limited coverage toward theft. However additional coverage was very expensive. At what point do you get the coverage?

pcrc

Ive got mine through Liberty Mutual, which does my homeowners, runs 3.00 per hundred. No deductible and covers them for any loss, theft, fire, etc on my property or anywhere. My firearms are a large portion of my future retirement fund, no way I am not having them covered.

TNtrapper

pcrc said:
Ive got mine through Liberty Mutual, which does my homeowners, runs 3.00 per hundred. No deductible and covers them for any loss, theft, fire, etc on my property or anywhere. My firearms are a large portion of my future retirement fund, no way I am not having them covered.
Is that per year? :confused:

pcrc

Yes. 10,000 worth of coverage costs me 300.00 per year. This topic has come up on another gun forum I belong to and many there have and recommend "Collectibles Insurance Services". I filled out a quote sheet online and they are about 1/3 the price of what I am paying now. I am already paid up for year on current policy but am going to investigate this company further. They seem to get a lot of high praise from other well respected members of the other forum.

Latest posts