In Memory of my Uncle Bill.

Kirk

UBfish2.jpg

I got some bad news today. My Uncle, Bill Young died early this afternoon. He was avid fisherman and a huge fan of Richard Simms.
He was out working with his son installing a swimming pool and collapsed. He died a short time later at the hospital. He lived in the Birmingham Alabama area but was a Tennessee Boy at heart.

I want to thank Richard Simms for the kindness and caring he always showed Bill on his fishing trips. You helped make his golden years a little brighter.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Sorry man. I feel your pain. "Uncle Bill's" are priceless. I have lost a couple. I wish they had a chance to sample a Simms.

Kirk

Kyle is taking it pretty hard. Bill was sort of his adopted Grandfather after my Father passed away five years ago. Bill and my Dad took me on my first Deep Sea trip out of Destin FL when I was
11 years old. I have been hooked on fishing ever since.

Uncle Bill was a good guy. He was likable and don't think I ever saw him angry or even raise his voice. He was a retired coal mining engineer and his hearing was nearly gone from years of underground blasting. He made my day a few years ago. I had just finished building my house and I took him a tour. When we finished he patted me on the shoulder and told me he always knew that I was going to amount to something. That meant a lot to me.

cbcs1987

Sorry about your loss. Just remember he's in a better place where he don't have to deal with earthly issues anymore. I'm sure he's reeling in the big ones on heavens crystal lake right now :)

8up

Prayers sent for you and your family. The man that taught me most of what I know about fishing was an Uncle. I miss him.

Latest posts