In Search of a 3 Pounder

bluball

Me and 5 of my fishing buddies have an Airbnb at Grenada this weekend. We are fishing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. All of us are on the hunt for a 3 pounder. One of the guys went down last year pre-spawn and caught a 3.43. Weather looks iffy, but we'll make the best of it. Hopefully I will have pics to share of some giants.
Fixing to get gas and then I'm on my way to grenada.Buddies went down last night,they called and said they are tearing them up.My buddy has a camper there,supposed to have reservations at the Enid depot tonight.Enid depot has the best blackened prime rib on earth,maybe the fish will bite tomorrow.

bluball

Screenshot-20240302-210003-Gallery.jpg
Change of plans,we ate at the Orleans bristo.I had the gulf coast ribeye,it was awsome.

bluball

We caught a double limit,no big ones.We had one over 2lbs,released them all and let them live another day.Caught one that was missing one eye,have boated 3 now missing one eye.Nice beautiful weather we had a blast,now the long trip home.
20240303-124648.jpg

FB-IMG-1709505825394.jpg

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Me and 5 of my fishing buddies have an Airbnb at Grenada this weekend. We are fishing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. All of us are on the hunt for a 3 pounder. One of the guys went down last year pre-spawn and caught a 3.43. Weather looks iffy, but we'll make the best of it. Hopefully I will have pics to share of some giants.
Spill all the details, been wanting to make that trip myself

Spurhunter

Sorry guys. It's been a busy 3 days and internet at the lodge was lacking. The best 3 fish were 2.95, 2.91, and 2.87. I caught none of the 3. We also caught 30 fish over 2 pounds. I have not seen fish so spooky since I got livescope. Any little thing would sent them running. Part of that is muddy water but I think the intense pressure may factor in. The lake is phenomenal. It will be hard to drive 50 minutes to Grenada when I can drive 10 minutes to Sardis, but I will definitely make some trips.

bluball

Sorry guys. It's been a busy 3 days and internet at the lodge was lacking. The best 3 fish were 2.95, 2.91, and 2.87. I caught none of the 3. We also caught 30 fish over 2 pounds. I have not seen fish so spooky since I got livescope. Any little thing would sent them running. Part of that is muddy water but I think the intense pressure may factor in. The lake is phenomenal. It will be hard to drive 50 minutes to Grenada when I can drive 10 minutes to Sardis, but I will definitely make some trips.
What depth were yall fishing,we fished shallow most of the day.Big fish everywhere that wouldn't bite,not spooky at all.We fished 3/6fow till we had our limit,fish everywhere not spooky but big ones didn't wsnt to bite.After we got our limit we went to deeper water,when we got to deeper water if we got within 16 ft of a fish it would run,real spooky.Today was the most big fish I have ever saw on forward facing sonar and they would let you drop on them and not spook.
20240303-142055.jpg
20240303-142122.jpg

Spurhunter

We fished water 8-12 feet deep. I saw some guys super shallow but didn't try it. It's weird that the shallow fish weren't spooky and the deeper ones were. Also, we were only fishing for the fish from the surface to 4 foot deep. Anything deeper would not bite. It was a waste of time. Once we figured that out we tried to leave the deeper fish alone, but it's impossible to completely ignore them. Jamey, I'll text you tomorrow and we can compare notes in more detail.

jman 125

Screenshot-20240302-210003-Gallery.jpg
Change of plans,we ate at the Orleans bristo.I had the gulf coast ribeye,it was awsome.
Orleans is the best Brandy will definitely take care of you. We where working down there and it was by far the best steaks i have ever eaten. My meal always consisted of filet smashed tater and what ever she had extra on the special. Dang it i may just make the 4 hour trip down and eat

BuckWild

That's a huge crappie! There were 4 4lbs weighed in during a tournament on Grenada in 2022.
I caught a 3 lb 4 oz crappie at Enid lake probably around 1990. They were having a big crappie contest at the Longbranch bait shop on the south side of the lake. I stopped there on my way home to enter my fish, with high expectations of taking home the prize. The lady weighed it on the scales at the meat counter and said nice fish but we already have 9 fish bigger with the biggest being 3 lb 15 oz.

I took my fish and went home... :D

Latest posts