In Search of a 3 Pounder

Spurhunter

Me and 5 of my fishing buddies have an Airbnb at Grenada this weekend. We are fishing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. All of us are on the hunt for a 3 pounder. One of the guys went down last year pre-spawn and caught a 3.43. Weather looks iffy, but we'll make the best of it. Hopefully I will have pics to share of some giants.

BuckWild

I fished a bass tournament at Grenada over 20 years ago. 2 days of practice and 2 tournament days. Haven't laid eyes on it since. What did you hate about it?
Everytime went down to fish it, it was so muddy you could track a deer across it.

Probably fished it two dozen times over the years and never had any luck.

We'd go back to Sardis the next day and limit out. Never could justify the extra driving to catch less fish.

Of course that was waaaay before Livescope...

JRC1

I'll be following this thread. A 3lb crappie is one of my goals. I've been crappie fishing for 35 years and haven't achieved it yet. I fish Kentucky Lake 95% of the time. I've been thinking about a trip to one of the Ms lakes just to try to catch one. Keep us posted!

tellico4x4

3,4 or 5 pounder no problem.

1709059434318.png

redblood

Good luck man.
I was fishing Garrett lake one day last year and no bs I caught 99 crappie with zero keepers.
Number 100 weighed 2.5 pounds!!!

I just shook my head and let it go and went home.
It ought to be packed this yr, with that many short fish last yr. We have a local twra lake near me. I have never crappie fished it but a buddy told me that he has been recently and you will catch a 9" crappie on every cast.

redblood

I never weigh them, but im going to this yr. We caught lots of 15 to 16" blaxk nose crappie in the fall. I dont think they would make 3 pounds, but those black nose are a lot thicker than a white crappie of same length. If a 16" white crappie is 2 pounds , then a 16" black may be 2.5?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
It ought to be packed this yr, with that many short fish last yr. We have a local twra lake near me. I have never crappie fished it but a buddy told me that he has been recently and you will catch a 9" crappie on every cast.
Me and @woodyard have been thinking the same thing for about 3 years now. They all stop growing at 9 3/4".
I read earlier in the year they are removing length and creel limits March 1 but having seen anything else about it.

TNLynn

I never weigh them, but im going to this yr. We caught lots of 15 to 16" blaxk nose crappie in the fall. I dont think they would make 3 pounds, but those black nose are a lot thicker than a white crappie of same length. If a 16" white crappie is 2 pounds , then a 16" black may be 2.5?
Caught a black crappie out of center hill 16" long couple days ago. Super healthy and weighed 2.25lbs

Latest posts