Added 4 new raised beds

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Been overcrowding my 7 raised beds and always wishing I had more space. Added 4 new 4 X 10 boxes, lined them with vapor barrier on the sides and put 12 to 16 inches of hardwood in the bottom of each. Now if it would dry up so I can get top soil in. 2 of these will house my asparagus that I will move from the "in the ground" bed this fall. The other two will allow me to uncrowd and make planting fall crops and later 2nd plantings easier.
IMG_2906.jpeg
IMG_2907.jpeg

DoubleRidge

Nice!...looking good! We have 5 beds and hope to add 3 more in the future...really enjoy raised bed gardening....easier to manage with a busy schedule and controlling the soil has so many benefits. ..last year we went with compost, peat moss and vermiculite....this year we just added 3 or 4 inches of compost on top and lightly work it in a few weeks before planting....really enjoy the process.

tellico4x4

Mine are kinda a hybrid. I had a bunch of old crossties that I used, then covered them with landscaping blocks when I was doing my yard. Did not put down any barrier before adding compost. Been adding whatever compost( garden soil, black kow, etc) Lowes has on sale for 9 years now & haven't put a tiller in it since built. Did turn it over for 7 years one shovel full at a time though. I mulch all my plants and don't have a weed problem. Have four beds that are 16' x 8', laying end to end. Use fence panels & chicken wire held up with zip ties to keep deer & rabbits out. The zip ties makes it easy to put up & take down each year.

Planting tomatoes yesterday I took this picture showing 10" of good black dirt before hitting clay.

IMG_20240525_123722122_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200604_114913306_HDR.jpg

Mine are kinda a hybrid. I had a bunch of old crossties that I used, then covered them with landscaping blocks when I was doing my yard. Did not put down any barrier before adding compost. Been adding whatever compost( garden soil, black kow, etc) Lowes has on sale for 9 years now & haven't put a tiller in it since built. Did turn it over for 7 years one shovel full at a time though. I mulch all my plants and don't have a weed problem. Have four beds that are 16' x 8', laying end to end. Use fence panels & chicken wire held up with zip ties to keep deer & rabbits out. The zip ties makes it easy to put up & take down each year.

Planting tomatoes yesterday I took this picture showing 10" of good black dirt before hitting clay.

View attachment 229157

View attachment 229161
That's good stuff right there!!