If you could only take 1 what would you take

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Any split V mouth call is my go to. I also have a knight and hale alumna-slate. I grew up using my dads and I finally have one and love it also.

JCDEERMAN

Jimmy Schaffer pot walnut / popular crystal over glass
This would be mine. I bet ours look very similar. He gave me a zebra wood striker to go with it. One of two best calls I've ever bought. I want to get better with a mouth call. I'll probably be moving to those once I get more efficient with them.

cowhunter71

For the past 3 years, I have left the truck with nothing more than either a Buice 6.5 or 5.5in Osage Yelper around my neck. They have proven extremely deadly, both Spring and Fall. Scratcher is still kept in my center console though, just in case :)

Acorn

2944FC19-9849-44FD-B4CD-47680F4DFC2A.jpeg

Levee Jumper

That was my first pot call. Easy to use and sounds really good. I wish I knew where mine was.
I know where mine is but I drowned it with the rest of my stuff in a kayak opening morning last year and it don't quite sound like I remember it sounding.... Pretty sure it was right at freezing about an hour before daylight on the opener last year, now that I think about it.

Woodman

I know lot's of folks on here don't care for box calls, but I like the sound of this old Ben Rogers Lee (signed) "Twin Hen" box that I've had for longer than many posters on here have been breathing air.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_f9.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_f9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Plateau Hunter

Except first pic is a newer call...lol...made from wood from my place...looks about the same...here is the older call that got me started...

Attachments

• B8CFC56A-5B13-443C-A25D-04B1A7DEFC70.jpeg
    B8CFC56A-5B13-443C-A25D-04B1A7DEFC70.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68

Dirtcop

All season you could only carry 1 call what would you take. Don't take diaphragms getting messed up or losing calls that is not part of it.

had to take 1 and 1 only what's you choice.
I use to have a Ben Rogers Lee "superhen". I loved that call but over the years it got lost. I guess I'd go back and find it or try to find a used one and take it.