If you could only take 1 what would you take

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
For the past 3 years, I have left the truck with nothing more than either a Buice 6.5 or 5.5in Osage Yelper around my neck. They have proven extremely deadly, both Spring and Fall. Scratcher is still kept in my center console though, just in case :)
No one asked you. 😉 ( insert guy turning and walking away.)😉

Tennessee Lead

I'm a pot call guy to the core and Lord knows I have way too many but recently I have grown fond of my Jolley Scratch Tubes. Super simple,fit in a shirt pocket if need be and have the tone of a long box to my ear.
F3C08C9C-B031-48D1-ADD0-547CD416EA1B.jpeg

Spurhunter

Trust me, there are several on the site that have more respect for this guy than some of the wannabes.
I don't know if you are counting yourself in that club, but I bet there's 100X more that don't. IF he is the great turkey legend he claims to be, (who really knows? He could be a some troll in his mom's basement yanking our chains), that still doesn't excuse being a condescending, chest beating, I'm better than the rest of you, know it all jerk. IMO

Dennis

Most times I only bring one call, whatever mouth call I have around. In the past, I used to bring several calls. But I personally have never had a situation where nothing responded to my mouth call but did respond to one of my other calls.
I have also forgotten to bring any calls at all, and called in birds by just making Yelp sounds with my mouth.

They are easier to call than many people realize.

scn

I don't know if you are counting yourself in that club, but I bet there's 100X more that don't. IF he is the great turkey legend he claims to be, (who really knows? He could be a some troll in his mom's basement yanking our chains), that still doesn't excuse being a condescending, chest beating, I'm better than the rest of you, know it all jerk. IMO
Sorry, I know somebody that hunts with him. He is the real deal. Most of the wannabes would never get a sniff out of most of the birds he kills. I do admire his style of hunting and being willing to speak out against what turkey hunting has become for a lot of folks.

The rest is sort of spot on. I think I banned him at least twice over the years as a moderator for some over the top antics.

Remington742

Scratch box call my grandfather made years ago. Can be just as loud as a slate or as soft as a mouth call when worked right.

Latest posts