If you are deer hunting and see a coyote....

bjohnson

Last year I shot a coyote around 0830 about 35 yards from my tree. Stayed in the tree, about an hour later 4 does came by. They saw the coyote but never really spooked they just stared at it and walked off. I got down from the tree at 1200, I had noticed when I saw the coyote he was missing half of one of his front legs. Looked him over and it had already healed over, fur and all. Must've never affected him much tho, cause he was healthy.

jb3

Take it to the taxidermist. Last time I talked to him, it was around $75 for him to skin and tan the hide. They feel softer than a fur coat.

Legnip

Only the bugs will eat them. If you aren't going to hunt the stand again for the season, then leave it lay, or drag it away from your hunting area.

Living2Hunt

Urban_Hunter said:
Sneak it home. Wait til the neighbors are outside and fire off my pistol, then drag it up to the front yard. They all keep their dogs and cats locked up now and no more poops around my mail box.

Best idea i have ever heard! Heck i let my dog crap in the front yard to keep all the neighbor kids out of it. It doesnt work!

DoeTag

It amazes me at the times I have shot a coyote and had deer come right by it not pay it any attention to it. One time I had a doe walk up and smell one then she went right back to feeding, no concerns at all.

Skully

Did anyone see where someone was asking for a coyote recipe on the cooking forum? People were actually telling this guy a way to cook it. I want a coyote cape but we usually throw them in the ditch.

REM7

Urban_Hunter said:
Sneak it home. Wait til the neighbors are outside and fire off my pistol, then drag it up to the front yard. They all keep their dogs and cats locked up now and no more poops around my mail box.

Must try this

jbow

If you are in the Shelby CO in West TN call Jay a fur trader friend of mine. If it is fresh he will give you a few bucks for them or he can skin and tan it for you. He does a really good job. 901-451-0498.