2024-2025 Hunting and Trapping Proposals

killingtime 41

What is the point I don't care unless it negatively affects the population. And laws wouldn't be set to do that. If you kill 2 gobblers. Then the hen has 10 eggs and 5 live and 3 become Jake's and then 3 grow to gobblers. Then the population gained not lost anything. And this is how laws are set. Even the natural mortality is added in there

timberjack86

no please enlighten me how does killing a turkey not reduce or affect the turkey population!!! this is interesting!!!
99zbwd7k1cc61.jpg

MidTennFisher

I think it would be just as hard to enforce a Decoy Ban as corn. Sporting Goods stores will still sell them or people will order them online. They may be able to enforce on Public land but not Private.
I'm not saying ban the sale of them though, just not allowing them to be used in Tennessee. And sure people will probably still sneak them in on private land, just like there are most definitely turkeys and deer being killed over a bait pile on private land, but I do think a lot of decoy usage will decrease if it were illegal. And I believe that would help the population a lot. Mostly for the fact that the dominant breeders would do plenty of breeding rather than being so easily killed as they run in to fight a strutting decoy.

Atchman2

Glad to see that gun bear hunt for Bear Zone 4 proposed. Hopefully it will be early enough that plenty of bears are still roaming and can be taken out.
You are right about that! On the other hand I haven't seen that many this year on my cameras. Now last year they were a plague of epic proportions! There was no reason to try to hunt deer or hogs with so many bears around.

Atchman2

My preference would be a year round season with bait and thermal until they are all dead but I'll take what we can get 😂
Bears are the gangsters of the woods! For some reason though I never see them during the season. I'm guessing they are going higher up the mountains for forage. Without dogs, bear hunting isn't really a thing unless you know what they are after. Baiting would help BUT then it attracts the danged things to where you live (in my case).

trkhunter

they got it right at least in southern middle tn!! Great job!!!! one bird limit should be enforced here!!!

trkhunter

Does anyone know yet if they approved the proposal for the changes to the deer units and the changes on cwd unit away from being allowed to use
you didn't answer the question!!!!! since you started the kindergarten name calling. are you stupid or ignorant. i really dont care which. You have shown your intelligence or lack thereof. ANSWER THE QUESTION its not hard!!

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Does anyone know yet if they approved the proposal for the changes to the deer units and the changes on cwd unit away from being allowed to use rifle during ml'er?
If I'm reading things correctly, the entire state is back to 2 buck limit and the traditional G/M/A framework. The CWD counties still have earn a buck and replacement buck. Seems that we hunters didn't take the bait and start killing more deer than what we needed/traditionally killed in a season just because we could.

backyardtndeer

If I'm reading things correctly, the entire state is back to 2 buck limit and the traditional G/M/A framework. The CWD counties still have earn a buck and replacement buck. Seems that we hunters didn't take the bait and start killing more deer than what we needed/traditionally killed in a season just because we could.
So the proposal was approved, and they are doing away with rifle opening in cwd unit right after the juvenile hunt?

Latest posts