Ice fishermen are a strange breed.

mike243

Loved it when I lived im Mi as a kid, cars parked on the ice as far as you could see, perch is the only thing I remember catching

WTM

Omega

this popped up on my newsfeed. is this the same article as the wp liberal rag paywall article:

my yankee buddy in michigan said he not even trying it, ice is too thin.
Must have been one hell of a chunk of ice for 100 folks to be on it! But you would think that they could have towed it back the 30 feet with a few ropes to at least get a plank to it.

Chiflyguy

this popped up on my newsfeed. is this the same article as the wp liberal rag paywall article:

my yankee buddy in michigan said he not even trying it, ice is too thin.
Ever see the $$$$$ guys put into ice fishing?
All the permanent houses resorts book?
Every year it seems the season gets shorter.
I remember ice fishing around Thanksgiving.
I'll stick with year around open water.

WTM

Ever see the $$$$$ guys put into ice fishing?
All the permanent houses resorts book?
Every year it seems the season gets shorter.
I remember ice fishing around Thanksgiving.
I'll stick with year around open water.
probably as much as the yuppie duck hunters around here. ken does the bare minimum, a sled to drag all his crap, an auger, and some ice rods. he slays fish. when we used to duck and goose hunt, we had a small blind, small boat and some old azz remingtons. oh yeah, a balogna sandwich or pickled balogna.

killingtime 41

Use to do it here in ponds cause the lakes only froze in spots. I even use to see the creeks frozen solid. Don't happen like that much anymore. El Niño winters to much fluctuating temps.

Chiflyguy

probably as much as the yuppie duck hunters around here. ken does the bare minimum, a sled to drag all his crap, an auger, and some ice rods. he slays fish. when we used to duck and goose hunt, we had a small blind, small boat and some old azz remingtons. oh yeah, a balogna sandwich or pickled balogna.
I fished that way for years.
My dad would make us chop holes in the ice with the non curved end of a crowbar😀
Graduated to a flip over shanty, little buddy heater and Vexilar Flasher

Latest posts