I now understand why fishermen are poor....

BigCityBubba

I recently purchased a used bass boat with an ancient trolling motor. After seeing the prices of even the cheapest ones I could find, I am going to try and make due with the old one. The good thing about fish finders is that they are allot like other technology in that if you don't have to have today's latest and greatest and you are willing to buy what was once the latest and greatest from a few years back, they are a fraction of the price they once were and you can save a ton of money.

Crow Terminator

My dad has 3 Humminbird Helix units on his boat and never even turns them on any more. He's convinced the fish are pressured so much that they are spooked by the sonar pings. He must be on to something cause they're usually catching fish when nobody else is.

redblood

I recently purchased a used bass boat with an ancient trolling motor. After seeing the prices of even the cheapest ones I could find, I am going to try and make due with the old one. The good thing about fish finders is that they are allot like other technology in that if you don't have to have today's latest and greatest and you are willing to buy what was once the latest and greatest from a few years back, they are a fraction of the price they once were and you can save a ton of money.
I think their will be some back friday deals on slightly outdated stuff. Im patient!

Spurhunter

John boat and transom mount trolling motor for me!
I live on an 8 acre lake and I use a jon boat with a $114 Minn Kota trolling motor. I catch more bass out of it than I do out of my 19 foot bass boat with a $3100 trolling motor and over $5000 of electronics! 😅 Granted, that's private water versus public water and the trolling motor and electronics on my bass boat are more for crappie fishing. There's no way I could catch a miniscule fraction of the crappie I catch out of a jon boat.

redblood

I live on an 8 acre lake and I use a jon boat with a $114 Minn Kota trolling motor. I catch more bass out of it than I do out of my 19 foot bass boat with a $3100 trolling motor and over $5000 of electronics! 😅 Granted, that's private water versus public water and the trolling motor and electronics on my bass boat are more for crappie fishing. There's no way I could catch a miniscule fraction of the crappie I catch out of a jon boat.
As a stream fisherman, i never had a need for electronics. Good thing!

Latest posts