Dedicated ice freezer….

redblood

Bought a nee upright freezer for the garage and cleaned out a small chest freezer we already had. After defrosting and thorough cleaning, we packed it for of bagged ice—-and i mean full. Probably 30 bags in their. Local town has a ln ice station where you can bag your own for about 1/4 of what you pay at a gas station. Sure will be nice to not have to pay a premium and waste time heading to the lake. Best thing i did in a while

megalomaniac

I reuse my ice... buy a 20lb bag for $2.00... go fishing, prob have 15lbs left in the bag after the trip.. put it back in the chest freezer. Next trip, bang the bag on the concrete to separate the cubes, and back into the cooler. After the 2nd trip, it's down to 10lbs. Refreeze and reuse with a couple 16oz frozen water bottles. Next trip. down to 5lbs and add a new 20lb bag. Rinse and repeat... get more trips out of the same bag during the winter.

WTM

i have 3 ice machines at some of my offices. i fill up a big cooler on weekends.

they just installed this smaller one. thought about buying one. this one makes 200 pounds in 24hrs. its about 800 bucks. northair has one that makes 100 pounds for about 400 bucks.

IMG_1405.jpeg

redblood

i have 3 ice machines at some of my offices. i fill up a big cooler on weekends.

they just installed this smaller one. thought about buying one. this one makes 200 pounds in 24hrs. its about 800 bucks. northair has one that makes 100 pounds for about 400 bucks.

View attachment 188633
Dadgum why did hou show me that. You just cost me 400.00 buck im sure

Spurhunter

I took everything out of the freezer on my refrigerator except the icemaker and ordered a tub that fits in there. A couple times a week I empty the tub into ice cream buckets I keep in my deep freeze. When it's time to go fishing there is more than enough ice. I was surprised at how much ice the icemaker makes when it never cuts off due to a full tub. I told one of my fishing buddies that I'm probably going to too much trouble just to save a few dollars. 😅

Walker817

View attachment 188633
I have one similar to this one. Have never ran out of ice and I use alot of ice. One of the best investments I've bought fot my garage. Straight out of ice machine, straight to boat.

Latest posts