I over thought it!

Crappieaddict

This morning I had one sneak into my hunting area. My land is relatively small acreage, and I work and enjoy trying to improve the habitat for deer. I have many cameras spread out, and am pretty familiar with all of the regulars. This guy is a regular that I didn't immediately recognize. He gave me approximately 5 seconds for an "ethical" shot, but stayed around for about 4 minutes. I overthought the situation, and missed the opportunity. I'm back on the couch beating myself up for this stupidity! Oh well, maybe we'll meet again! Oh, and he did stand in front of a trail camera for these pictures.🤬
B3B77C5B-B544-4776-897A-5E3981271AEC.jpeg
8D926E8E-0A65-4869-BCF6-4F63C81D747D.jpeg

Crappieaddict

I get it brother. It's very hard. You did right. If you killed a small one you would beat yourself up. No win situation.
I realized pretty quickly that he was a shooter, but he got in the Privet. I will not take a shot that's not wide open. That self imposed rule has no doubt cost me some deer, but I don't want to risk injuring one to feed the coyotes.

MUP

This morning I had one sneak into my hunting area. My land is relatively small acreage, and I work and enjoy trying to improve the habitat for deer. I have many cameras spread out, and am pretty familiar with all of the regulars. This guy is a regular that I didn't immediately recognize. He gave me approximately 5 seconds for an "ethical" shot, but stayed around for about 4 minutes. I overthought the situation, and missed the opportunity. I'm back on the couch beating myself up for this stupidity! Oh well, maybe we'll meet again! Oh, and he did stand in front of a trail camera for these pictures.🤬View attachment 204838View attachment 204839
I feel your pain brother!

Latest posts