Hunting items that you sorta can’t believe you purchased??

DMD

A friend of mine actually won a device that was spoiled with thread, and connected to the nock of an arrow. The idea was that you could follow the thread to find your game…
He said he shot at a deer and the arrow got about half way there when the thread got caught- and turned the arrow towards the ground.

Idk- I'm more of a KISS kinda guy myself.
I remember those. Gosh I'm old🤣🤣

Carlos

I remember those. Gosh I'm old🤣🤣
His story was almost unbelievable- I mean he prob had 25 near-misses before he finally bagged a deer with his bow. (I wasn't sure if the story was credible or not.)
I supposed it could happen.

bowtechgump

I always thought, growing up in the 80's, that an arrow that passed through a deer should have some type of chip attached to it.....the chip would release during the passing of the cavity and be a transmitter to find via the hunter. Like a tick....it latched on and was traceable.

rifle02

A turkey hunting vest that contains something like the equivalent of a folding chair. The idea is pretty cool but it's quite heavy and when you sit down you have to adjust the "chair legs" that you lean back on when sitting down. All in all it creates a lot of fooling around and fidgeting and adjusting creating a lot of movement. The vest has lots of nice Pockets that are good but man is it heavy to walk around in.

knightrider

Gonna need that money to buy groceries....but I will swear by Ozonics regardless. I get nothing out of it but moments of knowing it works.....endless videos and photos of it.......just watching them not knowing that I am there.
Ive never needed it before and dont need it now to kill a deer. I will keep my lungs and you can keep the ozone

bowtechgump

Ive never needed it before and dont need it now to kill a deer. I will keep my lungs and you can keep the ozone
Killing a deer is honestly easier than winning a Bingo night at your local Catholic church........why do we suddenly believe that they are any different than a squirrel or rabbit? It's no longer 30+ years ago when you hardly ever saw them hit by cars on every road. I have always loved to bow hunt, beat them at their own pace. I can go out and kill every chicken in my coop today at 70 yards.......

Gravey

I wash my clothes in the scent free detergent and air dry them. Do everything I can to eliminate scent but ultimately playing the wind is the best way to fool their nose. I like to think all the other stuff helps a little if the wind switches. I mean it can't hurt since I'm gonna wash them and take a shower anyway right?!?!

yellalinehunter

I always thought, growing up in the 80's, that an arrow that passed through a deer should have some type of chip attached to it.....the chip would release during the passing of the cavity and be a transmitter to find via the hunter. Like a tick....it latched on and was traceable.
My buddies dad came up with a canister of fluorescent powder that would open on impact. As the deer bled the powder would mix with the blood and drip. You could take a black light flashlight and follow the trail. Did no good for daylight recoveries.

Urban_Hunter

Back in the 90's one of our buddies bought a very expensive hand held heat sensing device that could help you recover a lost deer by its heat signature, allegedly picking up its heat signature through dense woods and vegetation and even over hills. Was advertised to find any deer within like 500 yards. Came with a VHS demonstration tape. We tried it just like in the video by sending one of us to stand out in a field. Once you were about 50yds away you vanished 😂

Urban_Hunter

Back in the 90's one of our buddies bought a very expensive hand held heat sensing device that could help you recover a lost deer by its heat signature, allegedly picking up its heat signature through dense woods and vegetation and even over hills. Was advertised to find any deer within like 500 yards. Came with a VHS demonstration tape. We tried it just like in the video by sending one of us to stand out in a field. Once you were about 50yds away you vanished 😂
IMG_7793.png

Latest posts