Hunting boots

Charlie's Army

Is there a hunting boot that could be used for the entire season. I hunt early bow and to rifle. Is there one boot out there that would work or should I look at getting two different ones

TheAirMan

I wear a pair of Rocky Wildcats all year. They have 500 grams of Thinsulate. My feet always stay warm and they don't get hot in bow or turkey season.

Adam Carter

If you are going for comfort I would suggest a pair of Danner boots. They are the best boots I have ever put on my feet. You can get the pronghorn's in 600gram that will do fine from bow season to late season. I have a pair of insulated booties I keep in my backpack when it gets really cold. Danner boots are a little higher than others but they are well worth the money if you do some walking.

jakeway

I think it depends on how much your feet sweat. My sweat profusely, so I can't wear insulated boots in warm wether. I used to wear uninsulated rubber boots in early season, but my feet still were wrinkly-wet from sweat if I had to do any serious hiking like tracking then dragging deer from the hollows. This fall I want to buy a decent pair of uninsulated Goretex boots for bow season; the 800 gram ones I bought last year for cold weather worked great, and if well-sprayed with Scent-away they didn't seem to alarm the deer.

TNhunter

If you go rubber boot go with the LaCrosse Alpha Burly Sport uninsulated. If you go with regular boot go with the Danner Pronghorn uninsulated. They both work in early bow season and turkey season. Then if you have a long sit on stand during the colder times of the year in Dec - use some of the Arctic Shield boot blankets. I haven't used insulated boots in the last 4 years and have only gotten cold feet when I was in Illinios hunting in single digit degree weather during the week between Christmas and New Years.

moondawg

I had a pair of Rocky Wildcats and for some reason they didn't fit right. They fit okay at the store, but once I got out in the field, they fit tighter around my feet. I guess I bought them in a hurry and didn't take my time in feeling them out. I have tried several Rocky boots afterwards and never have found any that were comfortable for me. I finally found a pair or Irish Setter (Big Game tracker) that felt comfortable for me.

Try different pairs before you settle on one.

megalomaniac

For me, there's not one boot which works during the entire hunting season.

I use uninsulated boots during bow season, alpha burley sports uninsulated with temps to freezing, then 1000g alpha burley sports when below freezing.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My Rocky Wildcats work very well for me during the entire season, unless it gets REALLY cold.
Then I transfer to my Rocky Bear Claw 2's.
I have worn them exactly 3 times in the last 4 years. Like I said, it has to be really cold.
Sometimes I do wear my Lacrosse Burly's when it is really wet because of course the Wildcats do leak. ;)

Gravey

I use a couple different ones depending on temps. Turkey hunting I wear uninsulated Danner Pronghorns because they're very comfortable when doing a lot of walking. During deer season Muck Fieldblazers when it's above 40 and Muck Woody Max when below 40. That said I'm leaning towards buying a pair of insulated Danner Pronghorns for cold weather.

Laserman1

I wear rocky snake boots till it's too cold for snakes anymore. Then I wear Danner pronghorns. I have mucks but worry in bow season if they would stop fangs. Years ago in the 80's Rocky made a boot out of Cordova or something and you could wear it the whole time but of course they discontinued it

Gravey

I wear rocky snake boots till it's too cold for snakes anymore. Then I wear Danner pronghorns. I have mucks but worry in bow season if they would stop fangs. Years ago in the 80's Rocky made a boot out of Cordova or something and you could wear it the whole time but of course they discontinued it
Cornstalkers and loved them. Wore a pair out and the second pair went to junk. The sole dry rotted and crumbled off piece by piece in a short time. Nothing like the first pair I had.

deerhunter10

I still have 2 pairs of mucks and like them,but I don't hunt with them any more. I wear lacrosse grange year round. I'm a hot person don't get cold. But I love them for turkey season as well and way more comfortable then my mucks. Just ordered another pair of them and a pair of them. But they are just a straight rubber boot.

FishnFed

Is there a hunting boot that could be used for the entire season. I hunt early bow and to rifle. Is there one boot out there that would work or should I look at getting two different ones
I wear Woody Max Muck boots and a good pair of wool socks. If it is going below 20 degrees, I put on a second pair of thin socks and use toe warmers. They're very comfortable and scent free.

Latest posts