how long have you

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
Thirty-four years for wife and I. We have added plenty of horse biscuits and cow poo over the years along with tilling in ground-up leaves. My soil is richer now than when we first started.

FULLDRAWXX75

Mine is 5 yrs in the current spot, I add a small box trailer load of mixed manure from a local gal, she raises goats, sheep, cows, a pony, and a lama. Community pile.

I get a couple tractor bucket loads in the spring, till it in and let is set two weeks before planting, at the end of the season I dump and spread a 3-4 inch layer of the stuff on top and let the winter do its business with it.

Black gold for sure

FDXX75

catman529

same spot on the side of the house for 3 years, also out in a community garden for the first time this year...I don't like amendments that much other than some mulch to help keep out weeds. The native soil in our area does a fine job and no fert is needed.

Bowdacious

IceMann said:
I replenish every year with the black gold from the monteray plant, best stuff i every used on a garden..
And it smells just lovely, too. ;) I get to smell it every day when the aroma wafts across the road and thru my building. lol It is great for the garden.

Latest posts