Home made hot sauce

Mossy Rack

Does anybody make their own? with all the hot peppers coming in I would like to make some. I have tried and got some ok but don't really know what Im doing. so if you do How?

Dodge Man

Going to make me some Jalapeno Hot Sauce tomorrow! I picked all the peppers off my plants last night before the frost got them and got a 3 gal bucket full! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Dodge Man

Before

1029101843.jpg

After!

1030100950.jpg

Dodge Man

Man it taste good!

Jalapeno Hot Sauce Recipe is a unique, easy and fun to make recipe. It will make your mouth water, your ears pop and your body temperature rise. This recipe is sure to please friends and family when you serve it at your next party or gathering.

Ingredients

1 teaspoon vegetable oil
20 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup minced onion
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
1 cup distilled white vinegar
DIRECTIONS

In a medium glass or enamel lined sauce pan over high heat, combine oil, peppers, garlic, onion and salt; saute for 4 minutes. Add the water and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth. With the processor running, slowly add the vinegar.
Pour into a sterilized jar with a tight lid. This sauce will keep for 6 months when stored in the refrigerator.

Latest posts