Help me pick a climber

TboneD

lightsareout":317wveyr said:
I ordered the Viper SD and a set of Molle Straps and Kidney belt, can't wait for it to be delivered!

Be sure to check out Thirdhand Archery's accessories, mainly their stabilizing straps and bow holder. They both work great with Summit climbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tennessee Lead

lightsareout":35mu7lr0 said:
I ordered the Viper SD and a set of Molle Straps and Kidney belt, can't wait for it to be delivered!
If you don't mind where did you order your Molle Straps and belt from?

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

lightsareout

TboneD":r7uvyt1v said:
lightsareout":r7uvyt1v said:

Be sure to check out Thirdhand Archery's accessories, mainly their stabilizing straps and bow holder. They both work great with Summit climbers.

already received that bow holder from amazon :party:

lightsareout

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Tennessee Lead

lightsareout":mrfek69y said:
Tennessee Lead":mrfek69y said:
lightsareout":mrfek69y said:
If you don't mind where did you order your Molle Straps and belt from?

I ordered these two we'll see how it works out
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006UB ... ge_o00_s00
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CHS ... ge_o01_s00

Thank you!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

TboneD

lightsareout":118stj5e said:
TboneD":118stj5e said:
lightsareout":118stj5e said:

already received that bow holder from amazon :party:

It's a good one, and it's nice not to have to mess with pulling your bow up or screwing a bow holder into the tree.

Be sure to get the stabilizing straps if you haven't. If you watch ThirdHand's video, not only do they make standing shots behind the tree possible (and safe), but they also can make it easier (and safer) to get up onto your stand. Hope you like your new Summit. My son and I both use Vipers.

lightsareout

TboneD":35d171um said:
Be sure to get the stabilizing straps if you haven't. If you watch ThirdHand's video, not only do they make standing shots behind the tree possible (and safe), but they also can make it easier (and safer) to get up onto your stand. Hope you like your new Summit. My son and I both use Vipers.

Just watched the video for the straps and had to order a set. Thanks for the advice!

Tennessee Lead

lightsareout":tem9323v said:
TboneD":tem9323v said:

Just watched the video for the straps and had to order a set. Thanks for the advice!

You will love those straps.
I made mine from lashing straps but the work the same way. Sure makes the top rock solid.

lightsareout

I put the straps on and think I will return the kidney belt. It is very light and comfortable by just upgrading the straps. And yes the ones that come with it are garbage.

TboneD

lightsareout":25hfj9vc said:
I put the straps on and think I will return the kidney belt. It is very light and comfortable by just upgrading the straps. And yes the ones that come with it are garbage.

Bungee your coat and pack to the stand, and it can get heavy if you have very far to go. I use a hip belt with both my Viper and my Open Shot.

Ril0

Once you get everything adjusted right the belt will make a big difference. Putting some weight on my hips really saves my shoulders.

lightsareout

I really like the stabilizer straps and how they double to pack up the seat and a back pack, worth every penny.
c8beb8dcfbc9a4028686af13994468bf.jpg
343677c4d638ced588049a403fb618fb.jpg

280longshot

I have that same climber , it's really easy to pack and install on a tree and it's extremely comfortable once settled in on a tree.
What I don't like is how the teeth dig into the bark of the tree. The top portion is easy to maneuver as you descend from tree but the bottom portion can get hung up as you try to pull the stand out and descend down. Those teeth really hang up and it's tough using your legs/feet to pull it out.

TboneD

280longshot":3enktkxy said:
I have that same climber , it's really easy to pack and install on a tree and it's extremely comfortable once settled in on a tree.
What I don't like is how the teeth dig into the bark of the tree. The top portion is easy to maneuver as you descend from tree but the bottom portion can get hung up as you try to pull the stand out and descend down. Those teeth really hang up and it's tough using your legs/feet to pull it out.

It's like they say, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Summits wouldn't be so dang solid on a tree if they didn't hang up on some trees. I've had Lone Wolf, Ole Man, and Cougar Claw climbers and have had every one of them occasionally slip just a bit, maybe because the tree was wet or something. Not saying they're bad stands. I'm just saying that nothing I've used is as stable and solid as a Summit. I'm sure you noticed that when it hangs up on a tree, it's a heck of a lot easier to kick the stand lose using just one leg at a time.

280longshot

TboneD":10i349dz said:
280longshot":10i349dz said:

It's like they say, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Summits wouldn't be so dang solid on a tree if they didn't hang up on some trees. I've had Lone Wolf, Ole Man, and Cougar Claw climbers and have had every one of them occasionally slip just a bit, maybe because the tree was wet or something. Not saying they're bad stands. I'm just saying that nothing I've used is as stable and solid as a Summit. I'm sure you noticed that when it hangs up on a tree, it's a heck of a lot easier to kick the stand lose using just one leg at a time.

I deal with it but really not my ideal stand. I also have a cougar claw that I use often that's ideal for me. It's the older version with the seat built into the lower portion. They're extremely light weight and easy to pack long distances but not the most confortable. It's perfect for a 3-4 hour bow hunt cause I stand up more than i sit down.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts