Heater Body Suit

Jon54

I used to have an outfit I bought from Cabelas and wish I had it back. It was basically a sleeping bag with suspenders. It kept my body very warm. It was a bit cumbersome in a stand as your feet were inside the bag.

DMD

I got a thing I bought on Ebay several years called "Blanket Bag". It is similar to a short sleeping bag with suspenders. The bottom where your feet are is made from Denier. It zips all the way up and comes to just above the waist. I think they sold for around $200 originally - but I bought these for $25 each. One of the best deals I ever got. I wish I would have bought every one they had. It is great for really cold TN weather.

SALTMAN

I have one and use it when it's really cold .yall remember the older you get the harder it is to keep warm . It has kept me in the stand much longer ( sometimes all day ) . It is a bit tricky to get on/off in a tree stand . Extra cold , drop a couple big hand warmers down the leg (s) . Only thing I don't like ,, mine has no hood , but I understand they are now available . I would buy another one .

nwsg76

I have one and will say that it will keep you warm. I have hunted in -15 temps with body suit. Yes its bulky but not as bad as having 4 layers on to stay warm. If you an alll day hunter then you will like it better than bibs and coat. The body suit is windproof and water resistant. Cost is the same as a good pair of similar bibs and coat.

DMD

DMD

After I ordered my sleeping blanket deal from Sportsman's guide, my buddy found this one on their website:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-hunting-sleeping-bag-with-sleeves?a=1885145

I could not believe how much better made it was. Seemed to be much more quality - and while the camo is not at all necessary, it sure looks cool. I also like that this bag has a zipper on the bottom of your feet, so you CAN unzip it and your feet are free to move around. I just couldn't resist - I ordered one of these camo ones. I was really impressed with it. So...now I have 2! One back up or one for a friend to borrow.

southernhunter

pastorbmp":35c2k8la said:
After I ordered my sleeping blanket deal from Sportsman's guide, my buddy found this one on their website:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-hunting-sleeping-bag-with-sleeves?a=1885145

I could not believe how much better made it was. Seemed to be much more quality - and while the camo is not at all necessary, it sure looks cool. I also like that this bag has a zipper on the bottom of your feet, so you CAN unzip it and your feet are free to move around. I just couldn't resist - I ordered one of these camo ones. I was really impressed with it. So...now I have 2! One back up or one for a friend to borrow.
I am 6'3" 340lbs. Will this for me?

DMD

southernhunter":14wgerko said:
pastorbmp":14wgerko said:

I am 6'3" 340lbs. Will this for me?

Here is a review I found for the "NON-Camo" version of this bag (the non-camo and the camo version seem to me to be the same size):
HQ Sniper Bag/Sleeping Bag
I have not had a chance to field test this but did lay it out on my floor for fitment and was pleasantly surprised. At my size (6'5"/345lbs), I am constantly disappointed with mail order clothing and apparel, as most everything seems to be smaller than advertised. I took a chance and I not only fit in this bag but there is also room for the light weight Browning Fleece Bag (which I'm also pleased with and will review later) as well....all while wearing bulky sweatpants and sweatshirt!!! I cannot sleep with my arms restricted inside a bag so this was the ticket for me. Sleeve length is even accommodating for my long arms! Only negatives thus far for me is I don't see this being a 30deg bag, as its very thin and light weight and I do wish the hood detached. The zipper isn't the best quality either but for the price, I'm not complaining. I don't plan on camping in 30deg weather though and I have the fleece liner as an extra layer of warmth if needed. I really like how it packs down small (in its own attached stuff sack) and it fits no problem lashed down on my bike.