Base layers/ heavy outter suit

1smoothredneck

Will do and I agree on fanatic being warm enough. Only reason I'm thinking of going the incinerator route is they have goretex and are water proof where the fanatic isn't. I don't hunt in the rain but…
Yea. I've been looking at Sitka and have about decided on incinerator over fanatic based on less bulk and water proofing. Gonna drop like fifty degrees in the next several hours while I'm sitting in a treestand in MIddle Tennessee. IT's misting rain right now and supposed to turn to freezing rain and sleet, then snow. I am kinda deciding that some of that Sitka stuff ain't "too warm " for Tennessee!🤪

Davyalabama

We are talking cold weather, right? Ebay is a friend of mine except for underwear and base layers and I used the ECWCS method of layering. Level 1) I use merino wool base layers, sometimes two (a light and a heavy). Level 2/3) a wool shirt (Woolrich). Level 3) a wool vest (sometimes a very thick wool sweater, but it hinders my movements so it has to be cold for that thing, Orvis shawl collar). Level 4, a ECWCS level 4 wind jacket. Level 5, a wool makinaw, yep the old red/black plaid. Level 6, a waterproof layer.

For my hands, I use wool liners, alpaca mittens and I have a hand warmer muff with hand warmer packets.

My head, I use a baclava and a good insulated ball cap style hat.

Legs, merino wool base layer and heavy wool pants, old military pants.

Feet, very light moisture wicking liner and merino wool socks - both cheap off Am$%^n

I'm not a fan of fleece or sherpa fleece, both need to be washed too often for me.