Harvest pics

Buzzard Breath

I know fermenter aren't very expensive, but I'm REALLY cheap. I just go the 2 mason jar route and use a small one to weigh down my stuff and put a small piece of cheesecloth over it.

Here's some mustard greens I did over the winter.

05e81398f940f645fe32a4256e4d4f95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GMB54

Ive got Mason Jar fermenters with simple air locks too. My kimchi fermenter was $14 at the Asian market. It will easily hold a 3lb head of cabbage.
Ehii0St.jpg

Hab, carrot and onion ferment for hot sauce. I let it go close to 90days. The other 2 bottles are just hot vinegar.
cJPhbl2.jpg

foodplot

wow thats interesting stuff..... i love hot peppers/hot sauce etc. where could i buy some fermented peppers to try and see if i like before trying?

Buzzard Breath

foodplot":2na2f995 said:
wow thats interesting stuff..... i love hot peppers/hot sauce etc. where could i buy some fermented peppers to try and see if i like before trying?
I think tobasco is fermented, but don't quote me on that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GMB54

Tabasco is fermented but they add vinegar also. No lactic acid is listed on the label though.

TheHotpepper forum is loaded with all the info you need for a good ferment or just making vinegar based sauces. Many vendors for peppers, seeds and powders too in the classifieds.

Latest posts