Mini-eggplants
Celebrities
Serrano
Jalapeños
Bell pepper
c392e04f7e02b87c7d3ea61f6750026d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WTM

ill post some tomorrow, ive already put up 12 qts of beans, processed 10 pints of squash relish and pickles, have more tomatoes and cukes than i can eat, corn is silking and gotta cut my first of okra. put my peppers in a bad part of the garden this year and they probably wont start producing until the fall.

i planted 2 of those mini eggplants in the garden. they are not supposed to be bitter. im feeling a pan of moussaka or maghmour in my near future.

Attachments

• IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 3,935

WTM

a bushel of beans and some nice maters. the beans are dwarf hort bush beans(taylor) and these were picked from one 50 ft row. gotta pick the other row in the morning. really nice light and sweet green bean flavor and the bugs dont like them. pick them at this size and they are a great snap bean. let them turn cranberry stripe and they are shelly beans. wife loves them.

picked some blue lake beans, a dozen squash and cukes, okra, bannana peppers and a dozen tomatoes for the neighbor yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 3,900

Forvols

No pictures, but I have had radishes,yellow squash, acorn squash, zukes, cukes a few peppers. Tomatoes are loaded but none ripe and those super sauce tomatoes are HUGE. My green beans may produce but I was not happy with the over all germination. Will try those again for a second crop but use turkey craw. My potatoes had maybe 5 plants come up, think all the rest rotted cause it was so wet on that end of the garden after planting them. Greens, brocilli didn't do worth a hoot, think I planted them too late and they bolted right away. neither did the onion seeds(will use sets next time). Carrots very small.

foodplot

second pulling of corn.....got 47 dozen so far from 4 rows.... got two more rows tasseling now.... good year here....

Attachments

• IMG_2783.jpg
    IMG_2783.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 3,859

Buck_West

Here's a few. Have picked 9 bushels of beans, put up 16 quart bags of corn and zucchini, okra, squash abd cucumbers out the ying yang.

Attachments

• 0711172108.jpg
    0711172108.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3,837
  • 0615172036a.jpg
    0615172036a.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 3,841
  • 0616172100.jpg
    0616172100.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 3,842

DaveB

WTM":3vwe3o49 said:
geez, how long are the rows lol?

I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't matter, you guys all look to behaving a great year. Congratulations.

Actually, I was wondering. Looks like eggs there? what you gonna cook? Football team coming over?

WTM

shucked and desilked another 50 ears. not too bad from wind damaged, coon ate 4, 50 ft rows and one row didnt make much. comes out to about a nickel an ear.

Attachments

• IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 3,558

MickThompson

No pics, but I've put up 60-70 ears each the last 2 nights. I'll give the stalks a couple days to dry down then mulch it all with the push mower.

The maters and yard long beans are out to get me this year. They were covered up on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTM

MickThompson":257f3ysd said:
No pics, but I've put up 60-70 ears each the last 2 nights. I'll give the stalks a couple days to dry down then mulch it all with the push mower.

The maters and yard long beans are out to get me this year. They were covered up on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah i grow extra tomatoes and beans to give away to family and neighbors but nobody seems to want vegetables anymore even the inlaws. so, some beans and tomatoes will be used for compost. i guess if i grew hamburgers and pizza id have no trouble giving it away. no wonder America is so fat.

DaveB

Lucky my Wife isn't close.

Not kidding tomato's for breakfast.

Greenbeans kinda stir-fried in whats left from hot grilling chickee parts and pieces. Sounds awful, looks that way, tastes great.

Wife got a Doc report about her chloresterol and has been on a CAMPAIGN for a year now and no finish line in sight.

Wait till your Mrs. gets a doc report about a Calcium/vitamin D deficiency. Oh baby do things get ultra healthy quick.

Latest posts