Grunt and Bleat calls

Jaybo2728

Need some advice here. I've had some random success calling in with random grunt call...or maybe just random. Trying estrous bleat call few times this year. Mixed with tending grunt call, sometimes not. Using the can but blowing in it only for second or two as I've learned using whole can is actually an alarm instead of bleat.

Anybody have success this year calling? I have been hanging doe estrus wick too, didnt think that has anything to do with it.

Any advice I will try!

muddyboots

Calling has worked more for me this year than ever. My can quit so I been using my grunter. It has places to hold ur finger and make different sound. Right now I'm making about 3 doe bleats and 5 buck grunts. Actually has worked a lot just no big ones yet. I did call one in the other day with a snort wheeze.

ROVERBOY

I usually don't call unless I actually see a deer. But, I have called in a few with bleats and grunts, just calling with my voice.

PcDeer

I've had more success this year using a grunt call than ever before for whatever reason. I called in the 9 pt that I got on the Sunday before Thanksgiving after I heard him fighting with another buck and grunting in some thick stuff. I won't call when hunting open areas such as fields but will occasionally let out a few short grunts when hunting the thick stuff. I've been able to call in several young bucks this year.

Scioto

I do it sparingly and only when I see or hear the deer. Have called in some nice bucks with a can bleat call. Have stopped does with a grunt call, but never a buck. No success with either this year so far.

mfisher

I just bought "the can" for estrus bleats and am going to try it out tomorrow. I'm always skeptical about these types of things but I know a guy who swears by it and he has the track record to back it up. My plan is to use it SPARINGLY. Anybody have good or bad experience with this?

TraumaSlave

Sitting with my daughter, right @/last light,, I smell a deer. She is 8. Had her smell and notice. She tells me to use the deer call. Nahh I say. Then I decide to indulge her. Hit the grunt 3 times. Out comes a real nice 8. Didn't get a shot cause he came in so close I couldn't get on him broad side and then he ran straight away from me. Great time for her and my first called Deer.

Mike Belt

I've been using grunt and estrous calls for a long time and I never go to the woods without them from pre-rut through the remainder of the hunting season. I've turned and called in bookoos of deer and blind called in quite a few as well. Most don't advocate calling to unseen deer but I've called in too many that way not to believe in it. Use them sparingly.

mathews338

I use calls every time in the stand. It doesn't always work but it has worked enough for me to have tons of confidence in it. I love using the Can Call then follow it with some grunts. I always wanted 1 call that produces all the sounds without having to take it apart so I just ordered a extinguisher deer call. I was worried it might not sound good but it came in a couple days ago and sounds great to me. I have hunted with it the past 2 days with no luck yet but I was in more open country which isn't the best for calling.

gatodoc

mfisher":27rt2m49 said:
I just bought "the can" for estrus bleats and am going to try it out tomorrow. I'm always skeptical about these types of things but I know a guy who swears by it and he has the track record to back it up. My plan is to use it SPARINGLY. Anybody have good or bad experience with this?

I spooked a buck walking in last year. he didn't run fast but moved away. I stopped dead and kneeled down. Gave a few short bleats and he came sneaking back for a look see....I got him. Figured I had nothing to lose by trying....

MMHunter

Vermin93":2r360rti said:
Something else to consider... ;)

[youtube]uflGYMW3qj0[/youtube]
Lol :lol:
Sounds interesting.....
I just don't know if I can trust that guy...

Latest posts