Deer calls

batten_down

I like my Primos Hardwoods grunt tube. I have a lot of confidence in it. I've tried the can call, I like it. Just haven't had any luck with it.

peytoncreekhunter

I know I've rattled a few bucks in. They came running in or trotting in to the rattling.

I've used grunt calls and bleat cans but never had any come in that I could say for sure came in to those calls.

fairchaser

If you can see him, often you can call him in. Do whatever it takes because he's not coming back on his own. Try everything in your arsenal. I've called them with an alarm snort. Just make sure the wind is right!

Union Co. Boy

I have killed several that came to the Primos can call. Numerous guys on my lease have as well. I also have some luck with the grunt. My favorite is the Knight and Hale Death Chamber.

gatodoc

I've used calls to get 2 bucks. The first I was trying to get in a quick hunt near the house after work one evening. I was walking a trail uphill into the hardwoods toward my ladder stand. Just as I crested the hill I saw a tail flag and a deer scamper. About 40 yards away.

I stopped dead still and after a minute hit the can call once. After another minute I took a step to the right and heard steps back to my left. I rotated and looked left without moving my feet. It was a decent Buck easing my direction. I managed to get the shot off with waist turn only while keeping feet still. I surmise I'd spooked him coming up the trail but the can call made him think I was a doe walking through.

The second Buck was in the edge of a thicket 90 yards away. I could see rack and decent body but too much crap to shoot through. I was in an elevated condo so I grunted a couple of times and he stepped out of the cover into the field.

Snake

I have ran way more off than i ever called in😂
If you have a grunt tube that's an aggressive call it can run some off except during the rut. I never use the aggressive grunt. My grunt tube has an O ring that you can adjust even to a fawn bleat . I use the less aggressive grunt and it has worked alot , not every time but alot .