Going up... shooting house

cecil30-30

20211230_164849.jpg

Got the floor frame up today. I gotta say this is turning into an expensive build. Or maybe I'm just over doing it. Planning on getting the plywood put down tomorrow and start work on the walls and roof. I must say that bolting everything to these beams is a pain in the rear. I wont use the other beams that I have for the other shooting houses that I want to build. I do have a question, I don't know if I'll get the walls or the actual roof metal on it tomorrow. It's supposed to rain Saturday and Sunday. Do you think the rain will hurt the un treated plywood that I'm going to use?

DoubleRidge

View attachment 124319
Got the floor frame up today. I gotta say this is turning into an expensive build. Or maybe I'm just over doing it. Planning on getting the plywood put down tomorrow and start work on the walls and roof. I must say that bolting everything to these beams is a pain in the rear. I wont use the other beams that I have for the other shooting houses that I want to build. I do have a question, I don't know if I'll get the walls or the actual roof metal on it tomorrow. It's supposed to rain Saturday and Sunday. Do you think the rain will hurt the un treated plywood that I'm going to use?

Looking good.....couple of rains on untreated plywood should be fine....good air flow being up off ground and sunshine it will dry out quickly....if you want you could tarp it....but it will be fine.

cecil30-30

Man your building a mansion not a house. Looking good Cecil .
It does seem to be morphing into that. Wasn't my intentions from the start. Lol I have nicknamed it "hotel whitetail"... should be good for the kiddos to get their first deer. I am really lost on the windows though. I am not sure what route to go.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
It does seem to be morphing into that. Wasn't my intentions from the start. Lol I have nicknamed it "hotel whitetail"... should be good for the kiddos to get their first deer. I am really lost on the windows though. I am not sure what route to go.
You need to worry about running electric n gas down there 😁

cecil30-30

Was able to work on it today. Man this is such slow going only getting to work on it 1 day a week and having to bolt everything to the beams slows it down that much more. I only have 4 more 2x4's to bolt on and the rest will be standard nail and screw framing. We got the mobile home anchors set and cable stretched. They really shored it up and stopped the wobble up top. With the rain tomorrow and having to work all week. It will have to wait till next weekend before I can do anything else.

Attachments

• 20220108_165039.jpg
    20220108_165039.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 131

Snake

Was able to work on it today. Man this is such slow going only getting to work on it 1 day a week and having to bolt everything to the beams slows it down that much more. I only have 4 more 2x4's to bolt on and the rest will be standard nail and screw framing. We got the mobile home anchors set and cable stretched. They really shored it up and stopped the wobble up top. With the rain tomorrow and having to work all week. It will have to wait till next weekend before I can do anything else.
Looking good 👍

Latest posts