New Deer Shooting House put up!

gatodoc

Get one of those mobile home anchors that you twist into the ground. You can put it right under the stand. Use something strong like a big piece of pipe to twist it around and into the ground. It's best to get two people and a piece of strong rebar to twist it in. Then use some metal cable or chain and a turnbuckle to attach it to the stand. Drill a couple holes through the floor joists to run the cable through or a big lag screw or bolt to attach the chain.

And that is a great looking blind too!!
I use the center cable tie down on elevated stands but I believe anchoring the legs well (t posts) is more important for stability…

FTG-05

Get one of those mobile home anchors that you twist into the ground. You can put it right under the stand. Use something strong like a big piece of pipe to twist it around and into the ground. It's best to get two people and a piece of strong rebar to twist it in. Then use some metal cable or chain and a turnbuckle to attach it to the stand. Drill a couple holes through the floor joists to run the cable through or a big lag screw or bolt to attach the chain.

And that is a great looking blind too!!
Thanks!

I saw my first deer out of it today! I was putting some final touches on it and decided to take a rest. After about 15 minutes or so I saw movement about 100 yards away or so. Only saw the deer for a couple seconds in the thicket; apparently clueless to me or the blind.

Corn hasn't been touched, near as I can tell.

1 good shot

One thing that's worth mentioning, is that if you don't have something to cover the openings with when it's not being used, the buzzards or owls will use it to nest in. Once they do, all the thought, planning, and hard work you have done will be wasted.
It looks great and I can appreciate the effort that doing something like that takes. I had to learn the hard way. Here's hoping you benefit from my mistakes

FTG-05

This is what I did. I've seen tower blinds with the center anchor still turn over. I've not seen one with t-post corner anchors turn over.
This is what I did with my Taj Mahal Upgrade shooting house several years ago:

9KszHfe.jpg

WmDQ4cI.jpg

Kn4y7NH.jpg

o05Q5RE.jpg

FTG-05

So I'm looking at a possible ground blind option. This would allow 2 people (e.g. father and son) to sit on the ground and hunt together. I took some blind material I had and strung it up as a concept. If I followed up and cleaned up the camo material, I would also a bunch of those small trees and branches that were left over from the bushhogging operation. There is quite a bit of it around the site. I won't be able to paint for probably at least a month; the treated wood is very wet.

What do you think? Worth doing or leave it as it and let it go?

x9GA23O.jpg

ZYX5ERJ.jpg