Get Ready

Dodge Man

This late in the season, many times they wont push south. They tend to sit tite. Cold by itself may not be enough. Need snow also above us. Surely this season can get any worse.
They are calling for 12-20"+ in places North of us.

Attachments

• IMG_1954.jpeg
    IMG_1954.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 24

Bgoodman30

Do y'all think this is gonna be for real or just a fizzle like 2022 Christmas cold snap? It sucked that year up till the cold but it wasn't anything extra, it just got cold and moved a few dux but nothing great happened.

Last year after the thaw it turned back to mild and stale. If this new pattern hangs around I don't think it will fizzle.

WilcoKen

There's a lot of hype going on. I think cause everyone is so desperate for a good hunt right now. There will be a buttload of dummies out on the WMAs--I dread that. But maybe it will be a good few days before Jan 31. Then again, duck hunting usually has a way of kicking you in the teeth.

Bgoodman30

There's a lot of hype going on. I think cause everyone is so desperate for a good hunt right now. There will be a buttload of dummies out on the WMAs--I dread that. But maybe it will be a good few days before Jan 31. Then again, duck hunting usually has a way of kicking you in the teeth.

I have had many let downs when it comes to hoping for ducks with weather patterns..

BUT one thing I have learned through the years is that named winter storms with lots of the white stuff mixed in is the closest thing to a guarantee there is...

Dodge Man

Packed and on way in the morning, should arrive at the farm about 9:00 with my fingers crossed. Hope to hunt 5 days and then head back next week at the thaw 🤞🏼
There is no thaw in the forecast for West TN. Its barely going to get above freezing before January 23. But that far out is usually yearly average temperatures and not true forecast.
IMG_1980.jpeg
IMG_1981.jpeg

Latest posts