Get Ready

Dodge Man

There's no water to find ducks on…

Talked to a buddy in AR yesterday and jokingly asked if they broke 50 yet and he said close 48… They used to shoot 900-1500. Sad times…
West TN got 2-2.25" of rain Monday with another 1-2" of rain coming tonight and tomorrow. The Forked Deer and Obion rivers are out of the banks in several places already with plenty more rain and snow coming to keep them out next week. We have water in NW TN. But I have yet to hear of any great hunts with new water. I am still hearing reports of very few ducks in the area.

Bgoodman30

I rarely see pushes on north wind days anymore they usually come the day before when there is precipitation and its blowing out of the south. Although the north wind will have started up north. I think they ride north wind up north and when they get here they're against the wind. Friday will be the day I predict.

Iglow

I rarely see pushes on north wind days anymore they usually come the day before when there is precipitation and it's blowing out of the south. Although the north wind will have started up north. I think they ride north wind up north and when they get here they're against the wind. Friday will be the day I predict.
Friday 👍🏻 it's 57 at Lebanon right now but that my friend is fixing to change.

Last edited:

Dodge Man

I rarely see pushes on north wind days anymore they usually come the day before when there is precipitation and its blowing out of the south. Although the north wind will have started up north. I think they ride north wind up north and when they get here they're against the wind. Friday will be the day I predict.
IMG_1989.jpeg

It's going to be hard for the ducks to fly or even keep a decoy in front of the blind with the winds they are forcasting for Friday.

West_Tn

West TN got 2-2.25" of rain Monday with another 1-2" of rain coming tonight and tomorrow. The Forked Deer and Obion rivers are out of the banks in several places already with plenty more rain and snow coming to keep them out next week. We have water in NW TN. But I have yet to hear of any great hunts with new water. I am still hearing reports of very few ducks in the area.
Hunted A2 the last 4 days. Very few ducks in that bottom even with the water coming up a lot. Zeroed today. Probably only saw like 20 ducks. Sad sad.

deerhunter10

Well I'm not in west tn or any fly way. Don't hardly duck hunt. But we do have a spot that keeps some woodies and we finally got some in the past couple of days. Dont know what that means for the rest of yal. Keep a camera up there as I get deer pictures there to and have had a duck all year til this week. Have around 20 using that spot this morning and yesterday morning.

Cache

2-Step Enabled
Pulled a midday hunt today in Arkansas. Windy and cold. Saw a good bit of ducks. Think we ended up with 10. Should be good the next 2 days before we're locked up tight.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
The last hour of daylight we saw thousands of ducks pouring in near reelfoot today.
Pretty excited about tomorrow, ain't gonna lie.
Killed 15 today and should have killed that many more the last hour we hunted but the wind was absolutely brutal and we couldn't figure the lead out for a bird basically sitting still against the wind and it blowing our shot like crazy.

Latest posts