I'm ready

WilcoKen

Dont forget the livers. They are not too bad
33A42EF5-7228-4593-9217-75DA6D654A08.jpeg

TAFKAP

Uh thanks but no.

Don't knock it till you've tried it. There are less than (5) foods that I refuse to eat, and liver is toeing that line.

But the difference between a fatty foie gras liver and regular liver is visibly evident. The taste is entirely different and worth your time to try. It's usually pretty rare to find in a wild TN duck with a fatty liver, but since you're hunting in the heart of rice fields, you're much more likely to find one that's been living the chubby life. The difference is that a foie gras liver will be almost a light pink, versus the standard deep, dark brown.

foie-gras-vs-natural-liver-wild-goose.jpg

WilcoKen

Don't knock it till you've tried it. There are less than (5) foods that I refuse to eat, and liver is toeing that line.

But the difference between a fatty foie gras liver and regular liver is visibly evident. The taste is entirely different and worth your time to try. It's usually pretty rare to find in a wild TN duck with a fatty liver, but since you're hunting in the heart of rice fields, you're much more likely to find one that's been living the chubby life. The difference is that a foie gras liver will be almost a light pink, versus the standard deep, dark brown.

foie-gras-vs-natural-liver-wild-goose.jpg
It really is pretty tasty!

Displaced_Vol

I don't know that I've ever been less ready before season… decoys haven't been touched, lease is dry as a bone & I'm leaving middle of the night Friday to go chase quail in Kansas.
We open Turkey day up here & go out the following Monday. I think I'll focus on getting ready for the main show when it comes back in and hopefully we've had some help in terms of water too.

GUNNERX2

A friend that has a blind on Reelfoot says he only has 6-8" of water in front of his blind on the north end. Not quite as bad as 2012 when he had no water the entire season.