Get Ready

Hymie3

F40C5E43-842F-49A6-BFED-4C4CFF910EAF.jpeg

This is what's left of our 30 ft blind on reelfoot. She gone…. Lost all our items that were inside and most decoys. So. Moral of the story is don't put in for blind 27 this year hahah

WilcoKen

View attachment 213383
This is what's left of our 30 ft blind on reelfoot. She gone…. Lost all our items that were inside and most decoys. So. Moral of the story is don't put in for blind 27 this year hahah
Did wind push giant sheets of ice in to it? I've seen 40 acre sections of ice push across a field like it was nothing. Anything in the path would've been destroyed.

Hymie3

Yes so we didn't go out and check on the blind due to the rain and wind but we put the boat in this afternoon and rode out to where it was. We lost everything we had in there. The floor is still in tact under water but the boat shed and the whole top part was sheared of by the ice and wind. It was a well built blind. We saw quite a few of our decoys floating all over the place and are going back tomorrow and at least salvage those. Craziest thing I've ever seen.

4scout

That is crazy. How do you build a blind so this won't happen? Was it a floater, built on poles or would it even have mattered? Sorry to hear.

Andy S.

Sorry to hear about your loss, seems very out of the ordinary, but I am not well versed in this topic. By chance, is there any possibility of vandalism that could have helped this be the outcome of wind/ice? Not implying or accusing, just thinking out loud?

Dodge Man

Sorry to hear about your loss, seems very out of the ordinary, but I am not well versed in this topic. By chance, is there any possibility of vandalism that could have helped this be the outcome of wind/ice? Not implying or accusing, just thinking out loud?
It is definitely not out of the ordinary for Reelfoot after a big freeze. I have heard some horror stories of people hunting blinds when it starts to thaw. The look up and a huge chunk of ice many hundreds of square feet and several inches thick is headed towards the blind they are in. The best they can do is evacuate the blind in boats and watch the ice take out the blind and all of the decoys.

Latest posts