Get Ready

Bgoodman30

I bet Habitat Flats will wreck them out of their spring feed and ice eater woods holes. I hunted the Eagles Nest hole one morning in the snow and ice. They had the ice eaters running all night and turned them off 5 minutes before shooting time. With Mark Bloss barking on a RNT Mondo about an hour and 48 ducks later we were done.
My buddy with his world champion lab, his was so good they let us use his lab😀.

Habitat flats season has been closed since after Christmas and they're already letting water off. Middle Missouri closes tomorrow. That's why it's not normal for that area to be holding so many waterfowl this late. Usually they have seen several hard freezes and storms already. Better late than never.

Bgoodman30

They are starting to push a little already. My SIL and I hun this weekend and limited out early both mornings. New ducks that wanted to work, unfortunately just the two of us hunting, or we would have had more.

Man I've been hunting so many 12-16 man blinds lately a 2 man limit sounds amazing…

Iglow

It looks like this is the window, Saturday through Wednesday,after that it's back to the 40's and 50's for highs till the 31st. It is what it is but it's not the thing, a slow southward creeping cold line, like a river overflowing is banks and spreading out over the bottoms, that starts about December 1st and stays in place till March, spreading out over the whole eastern part of the country is what moves dux.

Bgoodman30

It looks like this is the window, Saturday through Wednesday,after that it's back to the 40's and 50's for highs till the 31st. It is what it is but it's not the thing, a slow southward creeping cold line, like a river overflowing is banks and spreading out over the bottoms, that starts about December 1st and stays in place till March, spreading out over the whole eastern part of the country is what moves dux.

I am not seeing that? Looks like the freeze line should hold to the finish line. 🤞

Latest posts