garden is limed and plowed.

fishboy1

Had a bit of a triumph today.

Put the double gang turning plow on the tractor and plowed the garden after spreading a bag of lime.

Did the entire job in 40 minutes. First time I tilled the garden it took an hour to till one 10' strip.

Have about 60x100 done !

Tiller? We don't need no stinking tiller!!! :grin:

Going to wait a couple weeks then disc the snot outta it and add a bag of quick lime to the SW corner that performed so poorly last year.

With the big tractor and the weedstop/tyvek my gardening labor should be cut by about 5000%.

fishboy1

Im hoping we get some rain, then a freeze to break it up some.

With a plow and disc, I guess you can prep the ground manually instead of using the freeze/thaw cycle to do it for you.

I needed another excuse to run the tractor! :D

mr.big

turn it before march or it will be hard as bricks,,turn it wet now and it will still freeze and fall apart when it thaws,

turn it in march and the wind makes it like quickrete

fishboy1

Got the last bit of the field turned too.
Now I gotta get my helper over here to load all the rocks into the tractor bucket so I can disc and seed pasture soon.

BowGuy84

I tilled mine yesterday. I also spread the chicken crap compost ono the area that was the worst production last year. Glad I got this done before the rain got here so the nutrients can mix. Lime whenever I can then I'll start planting a few things in about 2-3 weeks.

Poor redneck

Piled a bunch of leaves on mine last fall, covered with homegrown compost from the past year and tilled it all in this past Saturday. Will let it sit and stew for a month and till again and get ready for the great planting. Will not start planting till April 16th. On that weekend I will start some from seed and plant some I will have started in the house. I start seeds in the house here real soon, start seeds in ground in April, and will start seeds in ground through May and a few in June. I do use succession planting so everything is not all ready at the same time.

Latest posts