FT. CAMPBELL 2014

LIL JOKER

Jdp can u explain the web base area assignment check In for next season ..I seen a post on facebook from a guy name Michael ( mwr manger)that it will go effect next season

JDP

I think you mean webtrack. It will be online area reservations and no more phone system! I don't know the full details though. It's been up in the air for a couple of years. You will still pick up an area assignment though.

Todd Bell

Well ive never hunted on post. i just bought my license and a slug gun and scope. here goes sleepless nights studying aerials. any pointers?

LIL JOKER

?Mr. Hendricks, thank you for your input, but the number of hunters allowed in each area is determined by the size of each area. Increasing the number of hunters would create an unsafe hunting situation, which we try to prevent. And not all hunters are just looking for meat for the freezer, many are looking for a trophy and Fort Campbell has always been know for having some large bucks. Having all hunters take a doe first will hopefully reduce the ratio of does to bucks, which is currently 7:1 and should be closer to 3:1. We are looking into simplifying the process and next year, we hope to have our web-based area assignment system operating.

kry226

Hey Joker, not sure if you remember me, but best of luck to you and all the Campbell boys this season. Hunt safe and shoot straight!

@fulldraw

Big JWC 50 said:
When will the areas be up for this weekend?

Do you really have to ask? Around the same time as previously posted. I wouldn't even try for this weekend. It's gonna be a mad house.

Coon_huntr4life

Todd Bell said:
Well ive never hunted on post. i just bought my license and a slug gun and scope. here goes sleepless nights studying aerials. any pointers?
how old are your aerials? Some of imagery on the google earth is 5-7 yrs old.

Latest posts