Fox Pro Jack in the Box

Plateau Hunter

I have used one. They are 'ok' but the topper on the one I have is too big imo-I plan on making a smaller one but haven't got around to it. I think the mojo critter is just as good if not better. However it is cheaply built and prone to breakage and you can't slave it to a e caller like the Foxpro unit. PH

archer19

Plateau Hunter said:
I have used one. They are 'ok' but the topper on the one I have is too big imo-I plan on making a smaller one but haven't got around to it. I think the mojo critter is just as good if not better. However it is cheaply built and prone to breakage and you can't slave it to a e caller like the Foxpro unit. PH

thanks

de novo

I bought the FoxPro Spitfire and the Jack in the Box last year. I immediately returned the JIB as soon as I opened it. Just my opinion but it seemed really cheaply made for a decoy over a $100. Varmint Al's website has a section on homemade decoys that should be comparable.

adamf5353

I agree with the recent posts... plus it sits up kind of high. When the yotes get real close it spooks them unless you can set it in a low spot.

DIRTTRAX

adamf5353 said:
I agree with the recent posts... plus it sits up kind of high. When the yotes get real close it spooks them unless you can set it in a low spot.

Dont believe highth matters, I read somewhere yotes dont have highth perception. May not be true but I have several different length stakes for mine and doesnt seem to bother them. jmo

Wildcat

adamf5353 said:

The reason for that is to help the coyotes see the thing over high grass. I don't have a JB but 2 other decoys and I set them high. I always place them 50 yards in front and to the right of me where I can see 300+ yards. I'll always shoot if possible before they get within 100 yards of the decoy.

DIRTTRAX

I have several stakes for mine to put it at all different heights depending on terrain. The last dog I killed was maybe 6 or 7 ft from it when I shot and I had it over two ft off the ground.

Latest posts