Get on the stick TWRA

7mm08

The last sentence says it all …

1707365219043.jpeg

mike243

So where would the $ come from? raise license prices? I never pass a shot at a yote not that I have had many opportunities. I have killed 3-4 with 1 miss. Sounds like a great deal but something somewhere would suffer less funding.

7mm08

So where would the $ come from? raise license prices? I never pass a shot at a yote not that I have had many opportunities. I have killed 3-4 with 1 miss. Sounds like a great deal but something somewhere would suffer less funding.
Maybe take some money away from the "sneaking on to someone's property to put out cameras to try and catch them doing something bad" budget?

mike243

Well I reckon we could fire everybody and keep 1 person to mess with the computers, then everybody can hope the other guy is following the rules, may just send in a picture of a yote and the AI can verifi it and mail you a ck or do direct deposit, no limit killem all 🤣

MidTennFisher

The last sentence says it all …

View attachment 214558
Let's be honest - if SCDNR really cared about issues like coytoes and feral hogs they'd let us trap them, and every single other predator, on public land. Instead, they basically create breeding sanctuaries on public land for hogs, yotes, and other predators.

Matter of fact, we can't trap ANYTHING on public land here. Because SCDNR does not give the smallest crap about public land hunters in this state. I strongly regret ever moving here and can't wait for the right opportunity, career and housing market wise, to either get back to Tennessee or just move to a state with actual game management. Though I do hope you and I get to do some coastal fishing before we leave!

My friend put it well the other day when comparing SCDNR and TWRA. If TWRA is a 5 star college football recruit, SCDNR is the water boy. I'd take it a step further and say SCDNR is the dork in the cheapseat stands with body paint yelling "we're number 1" using "we" as if he somehow contributes knowing the most athletic thing he's done in 20 years is walk up the stairs to his seat.

There is not a state wildlife agency in the lower 48 that does a worse job than SCDNR.

themanpcl

c'mon man, you know that's gubmnt money...lol...

JJBraves

I'm all for it. Between that and doing what the Dakotas do for nest predator bounties. All of the wasted government money I can think of, surely funds could be brought up for something like this. I think their program offers $5 a tail for all nest predators. All of this talk about turkey numbers being down tremendously but TWRA has yet to implement any reasonable solutions to help the situation. I for one can attest that trapping has helped my deer but especially has helped my turkey population tenfold. Used to never see any hens with poults and now the past few years I have seen numerous hens with dozens of poults. Now I have a flock of well over 100 birds that frequent my property. With the fur market being virtually nonexistent for years, something needs to be done soon.

MickThompson

I'm all for it. Between that and doing what the Dakotas do for nest predator bounties. All of the wasted government money I can think of, surely funds could be brought up for something like this. I think their program offers $5 a tail for all nest predators. All of this talk about turkey numbers being down tremendously but TWRA has yet to implement any reasonable solutions to help the situation. I for one can attest that trapping has helped my deer but especially has helped my turkey population tenfold. Used to never see any hens with poults and now the past few years I have seen numerous hens with dozens of poults. Now I have a flock of well over 100 birds that frequent my property. With the fur market being virtually nonexistent for years, something needs to be done soon.
Devil's advocate- why should the state pay for/incentivize a service that's being provided for free? That wouldn't be fiscally responsible.

7mm08

Let's be honest - if SCDNR really cared about issues like coytoes and feral hogs they'd let us trap them, and every single other predator, on public land. Instead, they basically create breeding sanctuaries on public land for hogs, yotes, and other predators.

Matter of fact, we can't trap ANYTHING on public land here. Because SCDNR does not give the smallest crap about public land hunters in this state. I strongly regret ever moving here and can't wait for the right opportunity, career and housing market wise, to either get back to Tennessee or just move to a state with actual game management. Though I do hope you and I get to do some coastal fishing before we leave!

My friend put it well the other day when comparing SCDNR and TWRA. If TWRA is a 5 star college football recruit, SCDNR is the water boy. I'd take it a step further and say SCDNR is the dork in the cheapseat stands with body paint yelling "we're number 1" using "we" as if he somehow contributes knowing the most athletic thing he's done in 20 years is walk up the stairs to his seat.

There is not a state wildlife agency in the lower 48 that does a worse job than SCDNR.
Maybe I look thru rose colored glasses but I see more game wardens here and have been checked on the water twice and several times at the ramps. I NEVER got checked in TN in the 34 years I lived there.

MidTennFisher

Maybe I look thru rose colored glasses but I see more game wardens here and have been checked on the water twice and several times at the ramps. I NEVER got checked in TN in the 34 years I lived there.
Oh I believe that. They love easy revenue from tickets. Actual productive management for game species, not so much.

Hduke86

I just want night hunting for coyotes at least. I'm glad they opened raccoon trapping year round for nest raiders. If I had 100 dog proof traps I'd go to my local wma and set them in a day and go back the next night. I'd love to have a truck bed full of dead raccoons and opossums to help the turkeys improve.

Latest posts