Fort Campbell Deer 2018

Rakkin6

Just wanted to start a thread for the upcoming season on Fort Campbell for 2018. Recently I have taken a couple drives through the back forty and have seen some decent bucks. Tons of does, herds of probably 15 or more. Definitley going to be taking 3 or 4 does this year, don't want the earn a buck to come back. Not that I have a problem with it but knowing my luck the biggest buck of my life will walk by and I will still need to fill a doe tag. Hopefully I will be able to get out a couple times during squirrel season and get some scouting in also (if the Army doesn't have me working like crazy). Good luck to everyone this year no matter where and what you are hunting.

Seasider12

I will also be hunting fort campbell for deer this season. This is actually my first deer season ever. I got stationed here a little over a year ago, and heard how great the hunting was. I have always wanted to get into deer hunting but never knew anyone that did it, or how to start. So I just started watching YouTube videos and got out scouting. Still have no idea what I'm doing, but I've found a couple areas that look promising. The other day I scouted what I think may be a real honey hole. I found a group of at least 10 bucks, all but three were shooters, one was a nice wide 10 point, and I saw monster leaving the area with a few does. I just hope they are still using the same patterns come september.

Latest posts