Food Plots Forage Oats

PcDeer

I just plant bob oats. I get a good stand out of them every year and the deer go buck wild over them. I plant them with durana clover. With out a doubt that is my favorite plot to hunt.

bbuck14

I've planted Bob Oats for years here in West Tn and my deer have loved them. They are alot cheaper the the Buck Forage Oats. Another problem I had with forage oats were they seem to have a bigger husk on them and would clog up in the spreader easily and frequent. I never saw where the forage oats were ate on any better then the bob oats. Bob oats are a lot cheaper too. I think I paid $12 a bag for them at our farm supply. I think the key with any foodplot is to fertilize them. If you don't then your wasting your time and money.

hitek7

I have planted the Buck Forage Oats in the past and the deer on our place seem to like them more than the mixes. I saw that Plot Spikes Oats at TS and I think we are going to give them a try this year.

JCDEERMAN

We used to get BFO all the time. Last year we did side-by-side comparisons in each field between BFO and regular co op oats. We could not tell a difference. They pounded both very hard

Latest posts