For the Average Joe (Please Read - Pic Heavy)...

TheRealSpurhunter

I followed the advice in this thread and prepped it just as shown. I was very impressed with the quality of the prepped meat.

I chose to do mine with just onions, like a liver and onions dish.
Sweated the onions first, seared the meat and whallah, you get this.

get-attachment.asp

Flavor was pretty good, but the texture was a little odd for me. I want to call it rubbery or chewy but that doesn't really give you an accurate description. I was careful not to overcook it, but now I'm wondering if I should have cooked it longer.

GreyGoose

glad you restarted this topic,ive got three down so far and each one i have felt that i should do something with the heart and other organs other than leaving for coyotes dinner.next one down ill save and try.

TAFKAP

I just tried it for the first time this weekend, and I'd venture to say that the heart is better than backstrap. Excellent meat.

wildb1

I too just tried it and loved it! Cooked it in the skillet like y'all did. Yellow onion, mushrooms and a serrano pepper sweated in butter then threw in the heart pieces. very tasty!

777rellik

This is crazy , but I prepared my first one and ate it just weeks ago....that post made my mouth water up.My buddy started calling me Jeremiah Johnson.

TAFKAP

777rellik":2en39uiy said:
This is crazy , but I prepared my first one and ate it just weeks ago....that post made my mouth water up.My buddy started calling me Jeremiah Johnson.

I've turned into a fiend. I tell anyone I know that may shoot a deer to "SAVE ME THE HEART! ……..SERIOUSLY!"

It's even worse when I tell friends to tell their friends.

I don't think my approach works well. Nobody is sending me hearts.

Latest posts