Canned Venison (pic added)

dewclaw

Yes i do! What are some ways you serve it? So far i have eat it with brown gravey and mashed taters and barbecue sandwich.
Lots of ways. Can take out of can, roll in flour and fry to get a little crust on it and it's great. Can put in pan with peppers, onion, mushrooms, etc. then add gravy (or not). Can use in fajitas. Or could also serve like a roast with taters, carrots, onion, etc. Or like my secretary did, I was telling her about canning deer and said that when finished, it was fully cooked and you could eat it straight outta the jar. A few days later, she told me that her family ate the jar I gave her. When I asked how they fixed it, she said they just ate it straight outta the jar like I told her!!! So lots of ways to fix it.

DCA-DEER

Really believe it's the best way meat turns out great good and tender my wife usually cans some but thanks to Covid and pneumonia I didn't get the chance to kill her a couple more to can

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
Glad to see some people are still canning. I thought it was one of those arts headed for extinction. My mom used to can everything. Had a couple of truckloads of jars in her house when she passed. I remember my dad telling me they used to can sausage. Cook it, pack into a jar and cover with the grease. Apparently it would keep on the shelf for quite some time.

Latest posts