Venison Carpaccio

TAFKAP

Tonight's dinner is brought to you by venison backstrap, in two different preparations. Pictures of the grilled backstrap will be forthcoming, but I wanted to brag on venison carpaccio. This is the practice of taking thinly sliced back loin muscle (more frequently beef), lightly pounding it flat and paper thin, then salting and oiling the slices, so as to "cook" and cure it. It is finished with a spritz of lemon juice with a sprinkling of salt and fresh ground pepper. "Raw" is the name of the game, but tender, safe, and most importantly delicious. Served well with crusty bread, or as a side to a salad

Attachments

• IMG_3726.jpeg
    IMG_3726.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 78

BigCityBubba

Looks awesome. I have been smoking whole pieces of backstrips to a medium rare lately. I let them sit overnight in the refrigerator and then slice deli thin on a meat slicer. Serve on a crusty roll with some horsey sauce and they are the bomb. I will have to try carpaccio.

Shag

The carpaccio looked really interesting. I had some thick backstrap steaks I salted yesterday morning that had been chilling in the fridge under plastic wrap.

So I cut off about a third of one, pounded it paper thin in a zip lock bag with a cast iron skillet. Hit it with EVOO, black pepper, sea salt and lemon juice. Let it hang out a little bit. I will have to say…pretty dang good!!!

If this is my last post, y'all will know my cause of death. 🤣

Latest posts