Canned Venison (pic added)

archer19

How many here can all or some of their deer?
Gonna do a 20 pint run tomorrow.

Any cubed deer left over will be done in canned venison stew.

Attachments

• DAFEDDE5-5B3E-41E6-80F0-1C24CA345D93.jpeg
    DAFEDDE5-5B3E-41E6-80F0-1C24CA345D93.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 30

TNLynn

Got 9 pints in canner now. Done 7 quart and 9 pints 2 days ago. First batch ever. Turned out better than expected! 1/2 teaspoon canning salt and 1/2 teaspoon powdered au jus per pint. Taste just like beef. Added 1/2 teaspoon powdered brown gravey mix tonight. Tomorrow probably try some with salt, bullion cubes, potatoes, carrots and onions. Just started canning recently. I have three canners and tons of supplies my mom left me. Wish I started earlier.

Shag

I've canned some in the past. All I added was a pinch of canning salt and black pepper. Turned out just like meat that had been in the crock pot all day. Pretty handy for quick suppers. One thing I did learn, add it to your recipe at the very last and gently fold it in. It's already cooked and falling apart tender. Any extra cooking/stirring and it turns to mush.

philsanchez76

thanks for reminding me! I canned a bunch last year, but have yet to do it this year. Definitely need to keep putting some away with the way things are goin.

Pilchard

Add a jar of deer meat to a jar of this. Simmer until hot, serve over white rice.... One of my favorite meals.

Big Pop

Yeah I've been canning it for several years now. Usually use maybe one or two year old roasts or whatever that I want to get out of the freezer to make room. It makes any cut tender for sure.