First one down...slow start

catman529

tree_ghost":3pqbsxfg said:
Atta boy Catman!! Awesome looking buck. Was he a deer you knew of previously or a new comer? I love all his splits! Congratulations bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
new comer. Ran a camera all summer and no good bucks at all. Was a real nice buck last year that I think survived the season but he never showed back up. So I was just going to kill a doe. I did see a really wide 8 point about a month ago across the road on private. He may have been the 3rd buck that was with the group yesterday, but I didn't get a good enough look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JeepKuntry

Congrats again. I put salt out in 3 spots. They were hitting things from mid August to mid September. But it's dwindled to about nothing. I purposely set the salt close trees red and white oaks to keep them in the area. I am getting some nighttime photos between 1-2am of shooter bucks.

catman529

JeepKuntry":22t3cpm9 said:
Congrats again. I put salt out in 3 spots. They were hitting things from mid August to mid September. But it's dwindled to about nothing. I purposely set the salt close trees red and white oaks to keep them in the area. I am getting some nighttime photos between 1-2am of shooter bucks.
it seems like my most active salt licks are near water. Not sure if that's a coincidence or not.

TNWhit3tail

Nice job Cat! Cool buck for sure! I haven't hunted opening couple weeks last few years because of temps. Thinking this year was great cuz of the weather and struggling to see deer. Finally saw some last Saturday but they weren't on acorns. Just browsing the green stuff.

catman529

muddyboots":28ik7e23 said:
Congrats bro! Not many white oaks here. Find some red oaks. Lots of deer on them. I'm seeing several does a sit.
these deer weren't even on acorns, no oaks around.

Latest posts