Slow morning

cecil30-30

Sat till 1130 this morning without seeing the first deer. Which blew my mind. I sat in my best stand on my property. Must of been across the board in my area as I only heard 3 shots this morning. This weather isn't the best. I've taken Monday and Tuesday off to hunt. Supposed to be 75 Tuesday here. I may just to Into work and burn that pto day when the weather is better. Warm bright/sunny days have never been mu friend when it comes to hunting.

44 mag

I have only heard a few shots but I have had pretty good activity. Seen 9 doe 2 small bucks and a coyote. I shot the coyote. He ran off spinning in circles. I will find him later. I hadn't much got reloaded and had the last doe come through. I am in Dickson

philsanchez76

saw a young buck just following a group of 3 does. Not even pestering them, just staying 30 yards behind them wherever they fed. About and hour later saw a 2.5 year old 8 freshen up a scrape. He wasn't even concerned with any of the does. Then a different 1.5 year old came and smelled the scrape and turned around. Also saw 4 coyotes. No shots though. Changing properties for the evening hunt.

JeepKuntry

I had deer coming through at 7. I probably got situated around 6:45. Killed one at 8:45. But I only heard 3 other shots. Not many hunting this public tract anymore.

Remi

17 shots by noon around me. I think I may have been the only person on the mountain that didn't shoot, lol.

44 mag

saw a young buck just following a group of 3 does. Not even pestering them, just staying 30 yards behind them wherever they fed. About and hour later saw a 2.5 year old 8 freshen up a scrape. He wasn't even concerned with any of the does. Then a different 1.5 year old came and smelled the scrape and turned around. Also saw 4 coyotes. No shots though. Changing properties for the evening hunt.
This is very similar to what I am seeing. The three bucks that I have seen were alone and feeding on acorns. Doe's were also alone feeding with nothing pestering then.

philsanchez76

This is very similar to what I am seeing. The three bucks that I have seen were alone and feeding on acorns. Doe's were also alone feeding with nothing pestering then.
Yeah seems that any bucks older than 1.5 are still more interested in scrapes than the does. it's not popping yet.

huvrman

Had 6 does on one of my old plots (I think eating last years clover) 30 minutes before shooting hours, and bumped one under a persimmon tree as I was walking in. Saw nothing except a herd of renegade goats and heard 3 shots.

timberghost35

It's gotten worse here in the far West since Monday evening. Seeing several does, but not one scrape, very few rubs, and very bucks. Monday evening was Buck parade. Had 9 diff 1.5-2.5 yr olds come through then one good one who I missed of course. Since then it's gotten worse and worse each day…

hoghunter65

I seen one doe that was being chased by a dog, my nephew was hunting about 8 miles from me and he saw a spike, a 6point and 8 does.

spinal tap

Not one deer seen all morning in Lincoln County, except for one doe running like hell across the road on my way home. 3 shots heard, none close.

DThomas02

I am in East Tennessee and today has been as typical as everyone during bow season. See doe and no bucks. It's been real slow going for me this year. Our farm is usually rather good. Only bucks on camera so far are young. Hoping things get better.