Favorite/Can’t Miss Days of Deer Season - Why??

Union Co. Boy

I have to say Black Friday. I've killed the 3 best bucks of my life on this day. Killed several others as well that weren't quite in the same class, but were nice. Several other lease members have killed some of their top deer on Black Friday as well.

DeerMan66

I hunt middle TN. Nov 10 -23 is my favorite time. Mature bucks are on their feet. That's the time during the season that I'm not hoping to see a mature buck but I'm expecting to see a mature buck. The moon doesn't mean anything to me it's those days every year. You can plan your vacation by it.

UTGrad

I basically stop working for MZ season and the first week of gun (Thanksgiving Week). Of those 22 days, I'll probably hunt 17. And then that's it for my season. Maybe a weekend or two in December, but I don't expect to see anything then. The rut is over.

Interesting you don't spend more time in the woods in December. Do you feel you might miss out on a good late season buck?

arctic_cat

First Monday of gun season is my favorite day to be in a tree. Killed my biggest buck that day in 2009 and have killed a few other decent deer since on that day

BSK

Interesting you don't spend more time in the woods in December. Do you feel you might miss out on a good late season buck?
Trail-cameras show that once the rut is over, most of the old bucks have moved on. They aren't residents of my property and only show up for the rut. I will get them on cam hitting the scrapes one last time around Dec. 2-6 and then they're gone. In fact, I will lose more than half the buck population after Dec. 6.

UTGrad

Trail-cameras show that once the rut is over, most of the old bucks have moved on. They aren't residents of my property and only show up for the rut. I will get them on cam hitting the scrapes one last time around Dec. 2-6 and then they're gone. In fact, I will lose more than half the buck population after Dec. 6.

Ok so this is more property dependent vs a general rule. Our property, some of the big bucks that we saw during the summer, will come back late season.

kaizen leader

I hate opening weekends. Usually won't hunt them. I floated river last opener of bow and muzzleloader. And i hunt private land i own
I like to get out in the woods and experience what ever nature throws at me. If I shoot something that's just a bonus. I feel the same about fishing. Keeps me active and at my age that's important. Good luck.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
November 19 has been my day. I've killed 2 of my 3 biggest on that day. I've killed 9 deer that day. so I've made it point last few years to take off that day and hunt.

Latest posts